Quantcast

where is the best deal for a marz DJ fork?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
as the title says, where can i get the best deal on a marz (not RS, manitou or fox...) DJ fork?

06 or 07 doesnt matter. neither does model. I do want a 20mm axle though...

thanks.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
as the title says, where can i get the best deal on a marz (not RS, manitou or fox...) DJ fork?

06 or 07 doesnt matter. neither does model. I do want a 20mm axle though...

thanks.
check your PM's :biggrin:

I can get you rolling TODAY !!

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Listen to brad!
Not only will he give you a decent price, he'll give you a totally DJ/Streetified Marzocchi that kicks the factory one's asses!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Listen to brad!
Not only will he give you a decent price, he'll give you a totally DJ/Streetified Marzocchi that kicks the factory one's asses!
YES buy forks from Brad so I can eat next week :biggrin:
It sucks making .:R payments on the 15th :rant:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Lowered Z1. All you need to know. Brad's kit doesn't void warranty and rocks really hard. Way lighter/better than the Marzocchi DJ line IMO.

The new lowered 4X is AWESOME too if you want something lighter.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i want the 4x for my dm!!!!!! and listen to brad and buy his fork so he can eat!!!! (and make payments on his ungodly nice ?4th gen? r32 golf that kicks every soccer moms vws ass!)

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
i want the 4x for my dm!!!!!! and listen to brad and buy his fork so he can eat!!!! (and make payments on his ungodly nice ? MK4 .:R32 golf that kicks every soccer moms vws ass!)
:rant: this kid knows how to get on my good side :biggrin:

Just wait untill I get my Jetta wagon and drop a 3.2v6 motor , interior and Haldex drive system from a wrecked .:R into it !
Hello 4dr NEMPRO team car :cheers: :cupidarrow: :brows:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
lolz that would be magnificent!!!! im building a ford ranger prerunner up. fabtech susp. 35s 6 inch lift 6 inch bulge glassed fenders rear and 4 inch front full cage 8 light rack aaand axle upgrades front and rear prerunner bumper and skid plates and a new air intake and turbo or a superchaarger. and my bros getting a crawler (lameass)

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Brad's fork are indeed nice - and if you are going Marz it's a definite to get it from Nemesis.

But Brad's missing out - he should know Audi S's and RS's will rule any VW :D Have you seen the .:R36 sedan? That sucker looks dope.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
:rant: this kid knows how to get on my good side :biggrin:

Just wait untill I get my Jetta wagon and drop a 3.2v6 motor , interior and Haldex drive system from a wrecked .:R into it !
Hello 4dr NEMPRO team car :cheers: :cupidarrow: :brows:
Intresting idea, by transferrring teh drive system I assume you mean teh awd system. Also I believe the r32 and jetta are based on diffrent platforms so you might have some trouble getting teh drive system components to fit. I dont knwoa ton about VWs, but Id just look into a audi a3 w/ ko4 (www.goapr.com) kit and chip. Thats prob 250-280whp for a fraction of teh cost itd take you to transferr all that.

Just my 2 cents.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Intresting idea, by transferrring teh drive system I assume you mean teh awd system. Also I believe the r32 and jetta are based on diffrent platforms so you might have some trouble getting teh drive system components to fit. I dont knwoa ton about VWs, but Id just look into a audi a3 w/ ko4 (www.goapr.com) kit and chip. Thats prob 250-280whp for a fraction of teh cost itd take you to transferr all that.

Just my 2 cents.
Nope I've been planning this swap with Jefff from Underground VW and I have also talked with Marcel from HPA about some very neat FI parts for it too .

The MK4 jetta wagen is based directly off the MK4 body platform so it's a plug and play for the motor and drivetrain , I jsut need to cut the old floor board out and re-weld a new 4 motion MK4 floor board in then bolt the Haldex up and swap the motor and tranny ( jetta wagen's only came in automatic )

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Brad's fork are indeed nice - and if you are going Marz it's a definite to get it from Nemesis.

But Brad's missing out - he should know Audi S's and RS's will rule any VW :D Have you seen the .:R36 sedan? That sucker looks dope.

Don , SCUrban (Dos ) and everyone else ... thank you for all the GREAT compliments on my forks :biggrin: I'm super stoked everyone has been so happy with them !!

Don .. YEs seen the .:R36 .. trying to talk my Dad into tradeing in his G35 to get one of thoes if they relese them here in the U.S.

Oh BTW .. you might want to read the latest Road and Track test of the new .:R32 when they compair it to the RS4 and basically prove that a .:R will beat even a RS car by the numbers .
That was stock .. jsut wait untill i get my car to up to Marcell at HPA next year :disgust:

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I'm with everyone else on this one get a Lowered Z-1, They are amazing mine(the 1st Z1 sport Nemesis lowered) is still running strong. And it seems to be getting better and better. Brad any chance your still interested in the item you wanted a while back? It's time for me to move on. email me.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my old roomate last year had the exact same r32, car was sooo fun to drive and corner in. almost rolled my 4runner a few times after driving the r32 around and blasting turns. note to self 300 supercharged horses in a big ass top heavy suv + corners= trouble.

brad give me a jingle tonight i dont have anything going on

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
brad your car is carazy nice!! i think you posted up like 408 horses on mtbr or something. i may pick up a mk 4 and slowly upgrade it till i can drive. or a mk 3 and put 19 psi boost in and new a lot of stuff. but that requires a job and money. on the discussion of forks, im getting a 4x wc dual air nemesis tuned to 65. purty sick

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Don , SCUrban (Dos ) and everyone else ... thank you for all the GREAT compliments on my forks :biggrin: I'm super stoked everyone has been so happy with them !!

Don .. YEs seen the .:R36 .. trying to talk my Dad into tradeing in his G35 to get one of thoes if they relese them here in the U.S.

Oh BTW .. you might want to read the latest Road and Track test of the new .:R32 when they compair it to the RS4 and basically prove that a .:R will beat even a RS car by the numbers .
That was stock .. jsut wait untill i get my car to up to Marcell at HPA next year :disgust:
yeah, .:R36 > G35++ I would love to see that .:R36 come to the states.

I was just joking on the Audi's vs Dub's - both are real cool in my books. I'm not surprised that the R32 will do better than the RS4 - IMO the RS4 is sick but way too much $$$. Plus the tuners are actually coming out w/ good product for the R32. We've been hearing 2 weeks from AWE and APR on superchargers for the 4.2 in the S4 since long before Waterfest (but to be honest 340HP is plenty for me right now). And .:R32's have been going up in value, right? They don't seem to last long when they occasionally pop up at the local dealer.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
my black beast. TDI, erg gutted, straight pipe out the side
to soot the unwary!
this was after driving 2 stages from the rally america
100AW in MO. if you wait till they are gone and
are good with maps its easy to fine the ruts from a
stage.
O, and yes i rally. don't ever buy a car from me! LOL
like i will ever sell him.

met travis there
he stopped my on my yeti dj bike and talked jumping for a sec.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
yeah brad they don't say that its Nemesis tuned so they probably took apart the one you did to see what you did then copied it.
Exactly ! that's whay it's not Nemesis Project tuned ... coping isnt the same as me opening it up and doing a full tune , there are a few operations that I do that I havent made puplic to insure all Nemesis Project tuned fork feels the same .

Leethal .. no they dont say it's a Nemesis Project fork but they imply it by saying it has been tuned .. kinda a misleading thing to do even from one of my dealers :rant:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
brad can people not use the word tuned from now on? i know the owner of the fork, the previous owner before that and gerald at racers edge. no one is trying to lie about the fork. it was lowered by gerald, thats it. he's been lowering peoples forks since i knew who you were. why are you so upset?

Jun 7, 2006
Since we're on the topic of fast wagons...

Here's my B7 A4 Avant. Down on Vogtland C/O's and H-Sport S4 spec sway bar rear, stock front. Wheels are custom drilled Work Emotions by Stasis with 255/35 18 Toyo Proxy T1-R's. Have also done the Neuspeed short shifter. 8500 miles on the clock and getting close to time for chip/intake/turbo back exhaust.

Gratuitous shot of my Nicolai Helius ST to keep this thread somewhat bike related...

Oh, and are the new Marz 4X forks easy to lower?

Attachments

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
brad can people not use the word tuned from now on? i know the owner of the fork, the previous owner before that and gerald at racers edge. no one is trying to lie about the fork. it was lowered by gerald, thats it. he's been lowering peoples forks since i knew who you were. why are you so upset?
No not upset ... we have been "tuning" MArzocchi forks as long as we have been making frames .

This is a lowered fork ... not a tuned fork there is a big differnce !

Other people can use the term "Tuned" but when it's coming from one of my dealers it's looks suspect . We were the first company to do urban specific "tunes" on Zoke forks and are supported fully by Marzocchi factory !
This also takes away from the REAL work we do in house here , honestly I would have exspected a bit more decrestion from Gearld .
I kinda see this as a slap in a face from a dealer we have supported .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Since we're on the topic of fast wagons...

Here's my B7 A4 Avant. Down on Vogtland C/O's and H-Sport S4 spec sway bar rear, stock front. Wheels are custom drilled Work Emotions by Stasis with 255/35 18 Toyo Proxy T1-R's. Have also done the Neuspeed short shifter. 8500 miles on the clock and getting close to time for chip/intake/turbo back exhaust.

Gratuitous shot of my Nicolai Helius ST to keep this thread somewhat bike related...

Oh, and are the new Marz 4X forks easy to lower?

Oh that combo of bike and car is sick !!
Too much German sickness !!!