Quantcast

Where to get some Epic (or not) trailriding around Bothell/ everett area?

IMPULSE

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
Hey,
I have a couple of questions. I have been riding more trail oriented stuff lately but I can't really think of anywhere to ride. I don't want to drive to bellingham, isn't there something decent around here? Any hiking trails or tree farms with decently long loops? Where can I get some EPIC trailriding in? There has to be some stuff with all the hc guys that still ride, I know it.

Also, I know there is an area at the Pilchuck tree farm that sounds like it even has stunts, but I don't know if those trails still exist? It's called smackdown, it's some older stuff but it sounds fun. Is there any way to connect the trails by the glass school to those? Needless to say I am confused about the area.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Smackdown, Toaster, Foxy, etc are all still there and on the Pilchuck Tract off Grandview Road by the Bryant Store. It is open all year around as opposed to the Victoria Tract (300th) which is closed Nov 1 to May 1.
Your other areas to look up that are snow free for the most part are:
Fort Ebey
ACFL
Lord Hill
Wallace Falls
Japanese Gulch
Metcalf Trust
Armstrong Tract
Galbraith
Blanchard

Of course there's plenty more if you want to drive a little more. And. way more "epic" stuff once the snow melts and the big rides open up.
But, as we always debate here and elsewhere, what's "epic" is a personal thing. Check www.bbtc.org for group rides in that area. The beaver chicks are doing one at Fort Ebey soon and the dudes are splitting off and riding their own thing.

Japanese Gulch sounds like your closest bet. Maybe 14 miles of trail on both sides of the rail grade at the bottom of the gulch.