Quantcast

Where to get sunline 29er?

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Where can you buy the sunline v1 that are a little over 29 inch wide, i can find them anywhere? I think I need an early christmas present and I need wider bars because I'm 6 foot 6 and mine feel too small.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Only the low rise versions are wide for now. Jason answered this here a bit ago. IIRC the reason was (and I agree) that wider bars are ridden on bikes that in general have taller front ends..thus the low rise. Should be pretty easy to raise the front of you bike 10 or 15 mm, but lowering can be impossible on many set ups.

FSA makes a SUPER wide (800mm = 31.5") bar that is 25mm tall.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Only the low rise versions are wide for now. Jason answered this here a bit ago. IIRC the reason was (and I agree) that wider bars are ridden on bikes that in general have taller front ends..thus the low rise. Should be pretty easy to raise the front of you bike 10 or 15 mm, but lowering can be impossible on many set ups.

FSA makes a SUPER wide (800mm = 31.5") bar that is 25mm tall.
That would work great, does anyone know of an online retailer that sells them?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Only place I know that has them is Fluidride here in Seattle...but I have not been looking. Call Zeb @ 206.547.0712 in the AM and he will get you set-up.

They are F@kin' wide!!!!

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
So does anyone know of an online shop that has either the 29 inch sunline v1 or the 31.5 inch fsa gravity light?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
So does anyone know of an online shop that has either the 29 inch sunline v1 or the 31.5 inch fsa gravity light?

The sunline bars became available about 1 month ago. This was more of a running change in the bar spec...The did not change names, so if you order them via mail order you may or may not get the wider version. Technically both the 28 and 29" bars are V1s.
As far as the FSAs, they just became available. I highly doubt there are any large mail order places that have them yet.

I gave you contact info: http://www.fluidride.com/index.html They have the FSAs and they do alot of biz (and push) sunline, so I would expect them to have those as well. You can send an e-mail if the phone puts you off, but the cool part is they are a small enough shop to know what you are looking for and will get you the part you want (yet 'big' enough to have US world cup team members around).

You can get the sunlines directly off the 661 site if you need to type in your order.