Quantcast

Where to rent at Mammoth?

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
My boss is going to Mammoth and wants to rent some big bikes for downhilling. He is very bike literate, but more on the road, bmx, cyclocross, xc sides of things. Where should I send him for the legit non-whooped out rentals?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
My boss is going to Mammoth and wants to rent some big bikes for downhilling. He is very bike literate, but more on the road, bmx, cyclocross, xc sides of things. Where should I send him for the legit non-whooped out rentals?
I haven't rented there, but the bikes at Footloose Sports always look like they're kept in good shape, and I've always gotten great service from them.

Tracer Tong

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
Good to know. Thanks for all the info.

I should have mentioned earlier, are there any Giant rentals available anywhere?

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Speaking of Mammoth, any recommendations for places to stay? It must have a pool to keep the kids occupied while I ride.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Speaking of Mammoth, any recommendations for places to stay? It must have a pool to keep the kids occupied while I ride.
It's the East Side...one of the most beautiful spots in the world...camp!

There are multiple sites around the lakes where the family can swim.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
It's the East Side...one of the most beautiful spots in the world...camp!

There are multiple sites around the lakes where the family can swim.
I know, I know. It's a great place to camp. But, we'll be gone for over a week going to multiple places and just don't have the space for all of the camping gear along with other stuff. And trying to convince the wife of camping for a week while I go riding won't fly. The trade-off is a room with a pool.

We'll be doing some exploring in the Land Rover as well so I be out in the backcountry, just not camping this time. It still beats a week in LA and Disney.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
the condos on forest trail just below canyon lodge have a pool, jaccuzi & sauna. have fun. the eastern sierras are beautiful as i am sure you already know.