Quantcast

Where to stay for Northstar?

Brian B.

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
Is it worth it to do the stay and bike free at Northstar? Or is it better to get a motel or camp somewhere else? Any suggestions where? I am planning on riding Northstar for 2-3 days.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's a pretty good deal and if cash is a concern it's a great way to go. Another thing you might consider is staying at one of the cheaper motels in King's Beack right on Lake Tahoe (just down 267 from Northstar). It's pretty rad to jump in the lake before and after a long hot day of dusty DH. Plus, although there might be more this year there really isn't too much to do at Northstar after hours. If you have a crew you can entertain yourselves but if you want to go out for food or drinks you have to drive over to Truckee or the Lake.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
When I was a poor racer I used to camp out at Donner Lake it's like $14 and they have hot showers , plus swimming in donner lake after a long day at N* is the best , there are usually some bikini clad hooties out also !!

Now that I'm a wealthy bike company owner I might be bumping up to N* lodgeing or even to go so far as rent a condo on race weekends !!

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
For 67 dollars you get

Lodging & two free multi-ride biking or hiking lift ticket pass per room, per two-night stay. Guests will receive $15 food coupon per person, to the Martis Valley Grille

Package offered daily 7.5.07 - 8.30.07; valid Fri/Sat/Sun only 9.7.07 - 10.7.07. Offer not valid 6.29.07 - 7.4.07 or 8.31.07 - 9.6.07. A two night minimum stay is required.

But you need to stay for two nights. So you really get all of the above for $134

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Thats a good deal, me and my dad did that a couple years ago, but returned the lift tickets for N* credit, and used that to pay for our dinners. You get the full price of the lift ticket back.

So if you work at a shop or have a season pass, you can get dinner paid for too.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
If you need a campground that's super close, check out this one:

Martis Creek Campground
Hwy 267
1 mile south of Truckee Airport
(530) 639-2342

* U.S. Government Operated
* No. of sites: 25
* water, restrooms, catch & release fishing, close in - but obscure

It's kinda hidden at the end of that road that T's into 267 on your left while traveling in the middle of Martis Valley heading SE, right before climbing up a little to Nstar. It's probably only 1.5 miles or so to the Nstar traffic light. I think it's really cheap, a buddy of mine lived in his SUV there for a summer and he loved it.

Might be worth a try