Quantcast

where's the Bromont 2009 thread?!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm going to say Sam first, Brendan second, Gwin third.

I hear they cemented certain sections of the course, which could make it easier/faster, so that might not play in Sam's favour, but I still think he's hungry enough for the win to take it.

Hopefully the race will be as exciting as last weekends!

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I could see brendan taking a top 5, but i don't think the course is right for gwin like MSA was. I could see minnaar being hungry for a win here, but probably won't touch sam on a clean run. i predict a top ten for mitch delfs.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Super pumped for this next race too.

I really hope Gwin can keep it up. How rad would it be to see a US rider consistently being on the podium?!

It's about damn time!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Heading up Wednesday:weee:

Sam has been training at Bromont for a few weeks and dominated the Canada Cup on the same WC course despite coming down in the mud and rain, when the first 2/3's of the racers had a dry track.

Sam to repeat, easily

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
It's been said lots....this year's WC wins can go to a good number of riders. Given the practice Sam has put in during the last few weeks, I predict a top 3 podium spot. So many guys racing today that can take a podium spot as well.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
the track hasn't really changed since last year, it has way more ruts now though... especially after the canada cup (which was run in less than favorable conditions...) so expect pretty much the same course (minus a few changes) but no huge a$$ drop at the beggining though this year, it was a real pain to maintain the landig in a good shape throughout the whole weekend that we just decided not to rebuild it for 2009

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
From The Bromont Canada Cup a few weeks ago

Rutted out.....Yes !!!

New wood berm at bottom of rock chute.

New Bridge over XC course, just before the road gap. It was doubled by a few.

Road Gap

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Wed can't come sooner. Heading up with some evil guy from Long Island that likes ska music. Bringing motion recording equipment as well to document some goons. Craziness to ensue.

Distil

Chimp
Jan 24, 2008
Bromont, Qc
Sam has been training at Bromont for a few weeks and dominated the Canada Cup on the same WC course despite coming down in the mud and rain, when the first 2/3's of the racers had a dry track.
EVERYONE came down in the mud and rain...

For the course we've been working on it since last week. We had a sh*t load of rain yesterday and this morning and already this afternoon it was getting pretty dry. A lot of material has been added since the Canada Cup so pretty much all the holes and damaged burms are now looking good.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Didn't Sam win this event last year by 2 seconds or so? and he was sick and throwing up at the top before the start? I'd say he has it in the bag.

And what's with everyone always predicting Brendan to be 2nd or 3rd lately? isn't his best result ever in his life 5th place or something? Sounds like disrespect, but it's not, I just see in here every weekend "Brendan is gonna do it" or calling him for some incredible result....Good luck to him regardless, always cool to see teammates on the box.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My vote wants to go with Gee on this one b/c basicly he's "won" practice but not had the race run...basicly his turn. BUT, after listening to Hill's interview at the finish line...he sounded certain that he would be wearing the leaders jersey at Bromont and Schladming. The guy sounded insanely confident of what he's about to do. That usually bodes well for a guy when he knows no one can touch him for the rest of the season.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
My vote wants to go with Gee on this one b/c basicly he's "won" practice but not had the race run...basicly his turn. BUT, after listening to Hill's interview at the finish line...he sounded certain that he would be wearing the leaders jersey at Bromont and Schladming. The guy sounded insanely confident of what he's about to do. That usually bodes well for a guy when he knows no one can touch him for the rest of the season.
I thought Gee looked tired at St Anne. So a 2 minute course might help. It would be hard to bet against Hill for this one though. Still waiting for Bryceland! Maybe this'll be his race. :thumb:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
What vid should I be looking at for that interview, I missed all of the MSA stuff this weekend and don't have time to watch all of them.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
And what's with everyone always predicting Brendan to be 2nd or 3rd lately? isn't his best result ever in his life 5th place or something? Sounds like disrespect, but it's not, I just see in here every weekend "Brendan is gonna do it" or calling him for some incredible result....Good luck to him regardless, always cool to see teammates on the box.
Seems like in nearly every race video he is talking about the next race track instead of the track he is practicing to race on :pilot: ....

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I think brendan has hints of brilliant riding, like schladming last year, he was up on the split, but then crashed. any course where you don't really have to pedal at all, he should do well. i think he's one of the most talented riders out there for riding skill in the technical sections, but maybe lacks the focus or race day mindset of putting a clean run together. I think his time will come, and that's why everyone says he should do well, because if he is able to put a run together, it will be top 5 for sure.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Didn't Sam win this event last year by 2 seconds or so? and he was sick and throwing up at the top before the start? I'd say he has it in the bag.

i thought he got a 3rd place a few seasons back at one of the euro rounds...

edit: can we get this stickied then please? ;)

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
Looking forward to watching, Freecaster was frustrating but really made it a sport you can follow from home. It was also great having USA riders in the mens final for DH. He got shut down at MSA but I am looking for Mitch R in the 4X finals this weekend. It was also great seeing Palmer back on the bike.:thumb: USA USA

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
Looking forward to watching, Freecaster was frustrating but really made it a sport you can follow from home. It was also great having USA riders in the mens final for DH. He got shut down at MSA but I am looking for Mitch R in the 4X finals this weekend. It was also great seeing Palmer back on the bike.:thumb: USA USA
With all this freecaster stuff, maybe it's something at the user end causing the problems?

I live in Australia (worst internet pretty much anywhere) and have never had a problem...

mquehl

Chimp
Mar 20, 2009
Pulling for my son Ethan to qualify this weekend. Would be great to see him qualify as an 18year old. This is his first WC. Hope he enjoys it. There is alot of strong up and coming USA talent now. Good to see US back in the hunt with Gwynn, Swanguen(?) showing the way. Good luck to all of the young guns. Make us proud:thumb:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Tell Sven to knock it off with the terrible tilt shift photos. Tilt shift for the most part sucks unless done correctly.