Quantcast

Which 20" complete?

Mar 9, 2009
Been riding AM for awhile and racing XC a bit as well. Still having fun doing it, but I'd like to try riding BMX for a bit. Most interested in riding trails, but who knows..

Would like to stick with 20" wheels since I'm a smaller guy and it's seems so much cheaper.

After spending so much money on my XC bike, I kinda just want to build up a super nice 20", but then again, I'm a beginner and don't think I deserve a super nice bike just yet.

I was curious do any completes come with higher end frames and so/so parts? I wouldn't mind upgrading parts overtime if need be, but it'd be great if I already had a nice frame to start with.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Been riding AM for awhile and racing XC a bit as well. Still having fun doing it, but I'd like to try riding BMX for a bit. Most interested in riding trails, but who knows..

Would like to stick with 20" wheels since I'm a smaller guy and it's seems so much cheaper.

After spending so much money on my XC bike, I kinda just want to build up a super nice 20", but then again, I'm a beginner and don't think I deserve a super nice bike just yet.

I was curious do any completes come with higher end frames and so/so parts? I wouldn't mind upgrading parts overtime if need be, but it'd be great if I already had a nice frame to start with.
not going against your choice of 20" wheels, but since you already ride 26s why not a 26? any particular reason? or even a mtbmx 24?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Only reason really is, from what I've seen so far.. it seems much cheaper.
i could agree with that, although so you know, used DJ bikes are worthless, regardless of how much they cost new. if u need a new bike thats another story, but you can find sweet used bikes on here and pinkbike.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
since a lot of rider-owned companies started offering completes a while back, the overall standard of 20" completes is actually really good.

anything off the shelf you get from FIT, Hoffman, Subrosa, Eastern, 2hip, etc. will be good. DK, Haro, Giant, also worth looking at.

check empirebmx.com , albes.com, and danscomp.com to compare prices

foreveralout

Chimp
Nov 3, 2008
ruff raleigh
easterns completes this year are the best for the money. their top of the line bike "the boss" is pretty much all their aftermarket parts. no matter what you buy you will be spending probably at least $450 that seems to be the dividing line between good completes and less quality completes.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
I deal Eastern and I disagree. I think MirraCo and WeThePeople really do make the best completed for the money.

Spend between 450-550, and you will be setup solid. Id reccomend something from WTP or MirraCO though....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The new MirraCo stuff is pretty good. I really didn't like their completes when they first hit the scene but now their standards seem to have gone up and they make stuff that actually makes sense for the market.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
So I was bored tonight...really bored, and made a whole spread sheet comparing all of the 2010 BMX Bike from these companies. I left out many of the brakeless models, as the shop I work with wont be stocking any of them. But none-the-less, I figured my little spread sheet could help out a few people on here currently looking and comparing new BMX bikes. Ask any questions you have.

There are many other things for comparison out there, but as you see, this will summarize the main key components to think about when buying a new BMX bike, such as sealed wheels? full 4130 frame? 1pc driver hubs? Pivotal seats? etc...

But as you can see "Y" = Yes. Highlighted = Yes. Blue font = special upgrade etc..

Sorry the picture is a bit grainy, I had to just "print screen" from excel then paste in Paint and crop accordingly lol

You will have to click on and view full size for anything to be readable at all. I left off prices, because all of the local shops will have different prices, so its up to you to find out what you will be paying.