Quantcast

which 20" frame?

Yeti-Freak

Chimp
May 3, 2002
Australia
Hey guy's i'm aftera cromo frame to be used mainly for racing buty also at the DJ's and Skate Park. Any ideas? I'm looking at a DK RM59 or an S&M Neil Wood frame. Any other ideas?

Tim

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Those might be the best two frames out there if you're talking chromo race bikes.

The big question that needs to be answered is this: "How big are you?" The Neal Wood frame has a really long top tube and a really long back end. Neal's a pretty big guy, though, so it fits him well.

If you're of average height, you really can't go wrong with the RM59 - it's a great frame.

By the way, have you checked out Brew Racing Frames? They actually make the RM59 for DK, and their in-house bike is pretty trick. Something to consider, anyway. Brew's BMX line

If you're really set on those two frames, they're both high-quality pieces, and it really just comes down to whether or not you'll fit on the Neal Wood piece.

Yeti-Freak

Chimp
May 3, 2002
Australia
Hey guy's thanks for the replys, i really love the look of the Neal Wood frame but i think yes it will be too big for me. I would go the S&M RV but it look's ****. Look's like the DK's for me. Throw in some Red 41 Thermals up front should have a sweet cromo race bike. Also any ideas on the Standard 125 R ??? I herd Standard werent traveling too well and that Lifetime warrenty was going to mean ****. This was the bike i originally wanted but have had seconde thoughts after what a few people have said?

Tim

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
I've gotta say that I'm a bit confused by your claims about the S&M RV model. It's basically the same bike as the Neal Wood, but with a shorter top tube and rear end...

I haven't really heard of people having trouble with Standard, actually. They make really nice bikes, especially if you happen to be able to afford the OX Platinum frames.

Personally, I would go with the RM59 out of the frames you're talking about, with the S&M RV a close second. The winning factor for me is simply the fact that I don't want to pay $70 for a not-widely-acceptted (yet) headset. I'm a cheapskate like that.

Truth is, you can't really go wrong with any of the choices... Maybe pick the one that comes in the color you like best? ;)

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
i stand by Fit.. i love my bike.. the foster street frame is the best frame i have ever had, but for racing you could go with the race/trails frame... i'm not sure that they make that anymore, but i'm pretty sure you can still find it

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
I read a recent interview with Robbo. One of the things he said was that they would "continue to make the Foster Race frame as long as Brian at least occasionally races." He was in the X-Games downhill this year, and I think he still makes it out to the track sometimes... I'd still get one quick if that was my choice, though.

gravitygirl

Chimp
Sep 16, 2003
Somerset, UK
One of my mates recently got an S&M race frame, it is fantastically light. He's built it up with light wheels but most of the other stuff is pretty average. It's a euro bb tho, with some blackspire downhill cranks on, but sooo light. I was impressed and it looks sweet too. Didn't get to ride it as its his new pride and joy, he's lookin after it!

Unfortunately I'm not sure what model it was. I think it was a name that ended in "time". Like "maintime", but not "main"... something else-time if you understand me!!

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I personally ride a standard 125r the ox platinum type and love it. I also have a neal wood that I got to dirtjump ride park on, that I am looking to trade for a 26"dj'r by the way.

I got the Wood used for a song and bought it without thinking, my Standard is plenty strong just want to keep it pretty you know. It was one of those impulse purchases anyhow, the bikes you have listed are all great, but I will throw one more into the mix if you want to keep the price down Supercross Devo the frame is well built and dirt cheap $139 or something.