Votes: 8 40.0%
  • You are wasting your money

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

El Diablo

Chimp
Dec 10, 2006
Japan
Right now I have EX 729`s laced to some formula hubs with a Scram PG-990 Cassette. The rims have lasted two seasons but are badly beat up and will probably break after another season of DH/FR. So I ordered a new set of rims. EX 721`s (CD Ano version) laced to Hadley hubs with DT Swiss Champion Spokes. I was thinking the 721`s will lighten up the bike and make it more pedal friendly. I was thinking of getting a Shimano Ultegra Cassette to use on the old rims and swap out the scram onto the new rims. That way I will have the new set to do Free Riding and the old set to do some lift assisted DH. But now my spokes are back ordered so as I wait for them to come in I got to wondering....
Maybe I should put the Shimano on the EX 721`s to improve the weight savings??

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
my 980 cassette is working very well after about 1 year of xc riding. it looks like new as well. though i will say that the ultergra cassette seems good as well

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Right now I have EX 729`s laced to some formula hubs with a Scram PG-990 Cassette. The rims have lasted two seasons but are badly beat up and will probably break after another season of DH/FR. So I ordered a new set of rims. EX 721`s (CD Ano version) laced to Hadley hubs with DT Swiss Champion Spokes. I was thinking the 721`s will lighten up the bike and make it more pedal friendly. I was thinking of getting a Shimano Ultegra Cassette to use on the old rims and swap out the scram onto the new rims. That way I will have the new set to do Free Riding and the old set to do some lift assisted DH. But now my spokes are back ordered so as I wait for them to come in I got to wondering....
Maybe I should put the Shimano on the EX 721`s to improve the weight savings??
What spokes were you planning on useing?Dt Champions back ordered hard to believe!