Votes: 90 62.1%
  • right

Votes: 55 37.9%

• Total voters

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Same rule that applys in surfing/skating i guess. I'm goofy foot so I go right foot forward.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Same rule that applys in surfing/skating i guess. I'm goofy foot so I go right foot forward.
agreed

one isnt better than the other except in corners, being able to ride either way would be beneficial cuz you can then get an extra half-pedal stroke here and there.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
emmm lets see....
left foot for riding bikes
left foot front for snowboarding
and I have no problemas jumping or riding with either foot willst windsurfing. I cause it's some you can get used to. I used to ride both was on snowboard with no apparent problems, should be more less the same more MTB

S

seespotendo

wait...
im left handed but i ride with my left foot in front?
is there something wrong with me?

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I got pretty good at snowboarding switch, but the one problem for me is seeing, and I was wondering if goofy/regular stance might have to do with eye dominance. Does your dominate eye correspond to your forward foot during board sports? (little off topic, but i'm wondering)

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
Jumping - always left foot forward. Riding - usually left foot forward and mostly dependent on location of roots and rocks.
The same with me. I think it has to do with the dominant/jumping leg - I use my left to spring while playing basketball. Dominant eye is also left. Interestingly, on a skate board I use right leg in foward.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i ride switch much of the time. it really doesn't bother me which foot is forward. the only time it matters to me at all is when i ride trials (yes trials) and then it really depends on what i'm doing. if i had to pick a favorite foot forward it would be my right but only by the smallest of margins

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I ride right foot foward unless my legs are tired and then I'll ride left foot foward. I had to force myself to ride left foot foward for trials since as mentioned above is better due to the bash guard.

For snow and skate boarding I ride left foot front. Waterskiing, right foot front. I played volleyball in college and had to learn to jump differently. It is all muscle memory. If you practice enough, it will come naturally.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
ever tried to switch it up, I do this dirt jumping some times, really awkward at first, but it only take me a couple runs till it feels OK.
learning to ride switch gets you out of trouble some times in a dh run.

took a while but i can ride both now, but i started right foot.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Right foot on all but I'm not to biased about it. Can ride also left with no bigg problems.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I too have been trying to ride right foot forward and then left foot. It feels weird when I ride left foot forward.
I agree it will get you out of trouble if you can do both. It's a skill not easily done for me. For those that can, right on!