Quantcast

Which fork for dj/trails?

ReelBigAndy

Chimp
Apr 23, 2004
Fredericksburg VA
What is the best fork for what I want to do?

its going on a haro single speed dj frame with horizontal dropouts. I am ditching my manitou black because it is WAY too soft and flexy. want something very stiff for dj's. 20mm axle a must.

Marzocchi 4x 110mm?
Marzocchi DJ?
RS Pike?
Manitou Gold label?

Can anyone comment on the maintenance required for the gold label?

Beef Cake

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
Sand box FL.
I think i see more people jumping on Z1 s than anything else down here . i saw 2 rich kids riding 36's cranked all the way down .
I don't care about the clicks of mars vs. rockshox or manapoo.
The pike 454 is sweet and so is the gold label . I got a 04 dj1 and i'm looking at the 4x just cause its the cheapest out of the forks i like .
If your techie just find a 66 and cut the springs and make spacers , there you go.
CHEERS

thebikenut1

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
lafayette, NY
i run a gold lable 2 on my chase and its sick. i do pretty much everything on it and its a tough **** fork, it takes everything and more. seriously, its almost impossible to bottom the thing out. There light, smooth, and tough...

Jun 7, 2006
Pike coil u-turn works great as a trail and DJ fork. It's really a dual personality fork. Crank it down to 95 mm for DJ's then crank it back up for trail.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Another vote for pike bc of versatility.

But if you want something for the djs I'd got argyle, 80mm gold label, or sherman jumper (if you can find one).

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
im saying pike because it was the nicest fork i've used.

:spam:
but i have a spare dirt jumper 3sl for 250$ cad. and thats damn cheap and it works just great. no on the fly lockout, maxle, or motion control but its 500 less!:clapping: