Quantcast

Which fork is better

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
well on paper the pike is over 1lb lighter has compression ajustment and an optional
bar mount lockout ans an internal floodgate (whatever that is)

Both forks have external travel ajust (manitou 120/150mm) (RS 95-140)

20mm axels

external rebound. the Pike appers to be the better fork but I find if somthing does break RS parts cost alot more than manitou parts

S3C

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
Edmonton, AB
The recall was on static, flow and some others. Its not a big deal, it was caught before any of the forks made it into the US. You can just look for the sticker that says its been fixed on the back of the fork.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
my friend got the chase 2 and it comes with the stance blunt it bottoms out like crazy on the smallest things even to landings and it absorbs all of ur momentum on the djing i would go with the pike. also the recal on the stance line was only for tire clearance and that was fixed on all of them alread.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
bballboy388 said:
my friend got the chase 2 and it comes with the stance blunt it bottoms out like crazy on the smallest things even to landings and it absorbs all of ur momentum on the djing i would go with the pike. also the recal on the stance line was only for tire clearance and that was fixed on all of them alread.
How much does he weigh? does he have the correct ride kit in it?

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
ufdff15 said:
How much does he weigh? does he have the correct ride kit in it?

he ways 140 and i way 130 and it absorbs way to much!! it need to be stiffer and what do u mean correct ride kit all i know is he bought it from a store so i figured it was setup right and everything and there a trustworthy store.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I bought the pike sl today diddn't realy like the fact that the stance is a cheaper version of the sherman as the pike is a cheaper version of nothing

thnks everyone

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I dont believe they have made stiffer springs for the Stance series yet since it is soo new. But when they do come out, you could always just get stiffer springs and thicker oil.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Marzocchi is good...but thats not what he's asking about. The new Rock Shox Pike looks sweet, or if you really wanna drop some dough, go with the new Fox Fork 36. haha