Quantcast

Which forks to get?

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in or I should of posted it in the dirt jumping forum. I am building up a 09 mountain cycle battery frame as my Slopestyle bike. I want to know what is a good fork to run on it. I was looking at the Marzocchi 55 ATA. I am also going to do some light free riding on it.

-Brian

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
id say pike or the 36. I am big on Rockshox right now, they work well and don't require to much pricey rebuilding. If I were you I'd go pike for the adjustable travel and solid performance as well as the QR maxel (sp?) I would not hang a Marz fork on any bike I own at the moment if given a choice. My .02 but whatever you get ride it like you stole it!

Gl on the hunt

jsk14

Chimp
Jan 13, 2009
GVRD
lyrik solo-air. I have it on my bottlerocket, works like a charm, damping is very adjustable, springrate is also adjustable very easily. Rebuild is pretty straight forward. awesome product.

chic06

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Rock shox make some nice forks for that type of riding like the pike and the argyle, if you like marzocchi i've heard good things about the 4x fork and dirtjumpers are bullet proof, but i would stay away from the 55 it my understanding that they have been plagued with problems especially the tst.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Thanks for the head up on the 55. I have used the 4X fork like 2 years back and loved it. I did not think to get one for this bike.

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Has any one used a fork form KOWA yet? They look well made and read some good things about them on line.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I've got a Lyrik Solo Air on my FR bike and a Pike on my hardtail. Both are excellent. For a dirt jumper, I'd go with a Pike for sure. You do not have to get the one with all the external adjustments (429). I run a 409 and it is great! Saves a few $$ as well.

CovicRacing

Monkey
May 3, 2007
Louisville, CO

Winger

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
available april 20th
will be able to use spacers and drop the travel from anywhere from 160mm-80mm. Our slopestyle athletes will be running these. Just wanted to let you know that the vengeance is an option for what your intended use is.

pre orders will be taken the beginning of april

X-Fusion

Attachments

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I'm going to say 36 instead of the Lyric here. I love the damping of the Lyric, but there is a noticable difference in stiffness under square hits and braking. The Fox is solid compared to the Lyric IMO.

clemsonbiker

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
i run a manitou travis 150 intrinsic on my transition preston. highly recomend it. but find a tpc verson if you get one.