Quantcast

Which frame for me part 5 or so....

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
SO I'venarrowed down my options-Addict or .243 SL

Addict ($400 at lbs)I like the addict because its cheaper, lighter, has sweet looking grind guards on teh dropouts (I can't grind) and it from a small rather unknown company. For the same reasons I don't like (except lighter and cheaper...), I also don't really know much about teh company and have only seen one on teh forums, the pimped one with deemaxes and deity business...If you have any feedback on these hit me up

.243 SL ($500) I like the sl because I've heard great things about it, its steel, it comes in sexy blue, and its made by .243 (bombproof). I don't like the price, its a little heavier and a little less unique.

Anyone with insight into either or both let me know, thanks

-formermtboarder

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What's your criteria? Any other considerations? The Evil DOC comes to mind as a frame you might like.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i personally would go for the .243 because although it might not look as original as the addict, not many people have it in the blue color, and it is also a super strong frame. .243 has been around for awhile, and they have been making some kick ass hardtails from day 1. check out nsmb.com and look through the news achives, they did a review on the SL and loved it to death. the steel is more forgiving than aluminum. that said, addict is a rider-owned company, so i think they know what they are doing. look at the geometry, .243 frames are traditionally very very versatile in their frame geo. i think you'll end up deciding based on the steel vs. aluminum, because the .243 is forgiving and weighs 6 lbs, so still relatively light, whereas the addict is closer to 5 but is much stiffer.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
What's your criteria? Any other considerations? The Evil DOC comes to mind as a frame you might like.
Yea I thought about, but Ive ridden 2 different ones, both set up very differently and hated both of them. I odn't have any real criteria besides shortish cs and solid on 24s and 26s. Its also nice to be able to use mtb parts and disk brakes since I already have them...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What forks did they have? Seems like DOCs ride best with 80mm travel forks. Out of your choices I would pick the SL because it's steel. What about a Black Market?

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
One doc I have ridden has been through multiple 80mm from sherman jumper to argyle, I never liked it anytime I rode it, just my opnion though, everyone else seems to like it. I really want to get something from my lbs on this frame, and those seem to be my best options. Their also teh most economical because all of my parts are a direct swap over. Im more or less stuck on one of these so if you guys know anything about them positive or negative let me know. I do appreciate the feedback, but it was one of these or molly, and I just can do a full molly build this year, so it'll have to wait.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Well I have to buy a car first and need a bike before I go to school in august, so as much as I'd like to do that I can't. Frame only is really my only option unless I have more money over the summer than I anticipate.