• Poll closed .

Willy Vanilly

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
San Jose
Jumping without a helmet on?

OR

Riding in traffic without a helmet on?

(I'm not bagging on anyone for not wearing a helmet... your choice completely. I always wear mine. Just curious to see what other people perceive as more dangerous)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'll bite, as retarded as the question is.

Riding in traffic. I have far less control over my environ. However, that said, I was an asshat this summer, didn't wear my helmet a lot at work when it was 105F out. I was even on the nooz professing my lack of helmet-wearing.

I grew to hate helmets working as a courier, but still wore mine 90% of the time. Good thing, as I was once cut off into the TRAX line and smacked my head into the concrete. Every nice Giro helmet I've owned is cursed to a quick death.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Brain damage sucks, take it from me, and I was wearing a helmet when I was hit on the street.

Dirt jumping probably gives you more opportunity for an injury, but asphalt and concrete will make the injury even more devastating.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
i think jumping you are less likely to hit your head when you crash, and have more control over whether that is going to happen. that said, i wear a helmet a lot more jumping than riding around town.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Neither, Both are equally dangerous, You hsould ALWAYS wear a helmet when riding, you never know when something is going to happen in either situation, worst head injury i have seen was out riding in an XC group, Guy toppled on the climb, had his helmet attached to his bag, was a 7 mile granny gear climb, happened catch a rock just right tossed him over, smacked his head. Three months later he still had a tube in the back of his head so the Doctors could relieve pressure surrounding his brain quickly without having to do surgery. It really doesnt take much to end up with brain damage, Falling onto my head Dirt jumping or DHing scares the hell out of me, but what also scares the hell out of me is commuting, and getting racked in the head with a mirror or somehting like that. Both are just as dangerous, but at the same time I respect ones decision to not wear a helmet, Hey you know what at stake, you want to take the risk, go ahead its your life, as for me I wear my helmet all the time when riding