Quantcast

Which Jumping Fork?

Which jumping fork would you choose, and why?

• RockShox Argyle 318 Coil

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Marzocchi DJ 2

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Manitou Gold Label Series 2

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I was just kidding, it was before your poll was up.

What bike's it going on?

One killer option is a Nemesis Project tuned Marzocchi Z1. My personal favorite, but the best IMO out of your options is the GL.

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
prolly going on a transition trail or park...just thinking about getting one of their completes and you have the option between these three forks

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
i got my T-O-P chillin and waiting for my new nemisis tuned 4x fork. i would suggest nema s well. but the gold label i hear is good as well.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
I'd say either dj2 or Argyle. 2 of my buddies own gold labels, one had the internals go bad within a year and the other is on his 2nd set of lowers (cracked the first ones within a month). Although, they are pretty sweet when they are working.

On the other hand, the Argyle is pretty much a beefed up pike, which I have, and it is a sweet feeling and stiff jump fork.

DJ2 seems solid as well, but I haven't had ride time on one

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've had foxes and manitous on my bikes and have ridden most dirtjump forks out there. The argyle is nice but for $250 plus $12 for a stiff machining spring, the gold label is hard to beat. That's what I'm riding now and I'm pretty happy with it.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
if you could find a slightly used pike, i'd recommend that. mine has been awesome, over a year of solid riding and it has not shown any signs of problems. otherwise, the GL or check out a nemPRO tuned Z1....people seem to rave about them.