Quantcast

Which size IH Sunday?

TBC

Chimp
Oct 18, 2005
Im 5'11" 167lbs and i will be using it for racing and some freeride (like everyone with a DH bike) but i hate small cockpits(slamming my knees off the shifters) so heres my question....

What size 06 Ironhorse Sunday Elite do you think would be best for me?
And what weight spring or will stock be fine for me?

Thanks,
Alex

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
search

theres a big thread on this

but you should think about a large if you hate small cockpits because the medium might feel on the small side
stock spring maybe a 350 would be good for shock
and im not sure about the zocchi spring

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
And not just to contradict what has already been said, but I'm 6'2" on a large, and know a couple guys your size on a medium that are happy w/ them.
Plus I ride a 350lb spring (at 185 lbs w/o gear) so am guessing you'd be better served w/ a 300.
Good luck!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I am 6' even and the leprican's medium felt very much the same size as the DH bike that I currently ride (Turner DHR). I only rode if for a minute or two on the street, but no knee contact. cockpit felt great for me... 23.5 effective TT.

BTW Leprican, Thank You Very Much!!!! definately not necessary but defiantely appreciated. You Rock Dude:cheers: !

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
I am 6' even and the leprican's medium felt very much the same size as the DH bike that I currently ride (Turner DHR). I only rode if for a minute or two on the street, but no knee contact. cockpit felt great for me... 23.5 effective TT.

BTW Leprican, Thank You Very Much!!!! definately not necessary but defiantely appreciated. You Rock Dude:cheers: !
haha
thanks dave, I still can't thank you enough

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
im 6'1" and i got a chance to ride a medium 05 wc on some local trails and i absolutly loved the feel of the bike. im comming from an 03 sgs and i too am not a fan of smal cockpits. i like the feel of a larger cockpit underneith me, and the way that the sunday is designed it gives you a little bit more room in that department. so i will more than likley be ridding a medium for the next season, but my best advise for you is to try a medium or a large to see if its to small or if its to big. good luck man and i hope that my drunken bable has helped you out a little bit.:cheers:

TBC

Chimp
Oct 18, 2005
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
Sry for not replying back for so long my comp finds it enetertaining to break randomly!

but again Thanks for the help!

TBC