Quantcast

While we're at it....

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Seems now's the time to make introductions upon "escaping" MTBR to ridemonkey-ville. I actually check in here a couple times a week, but haven't actively participated. Too much in the stable to bother listing here, but my main 2 rides are a Retrotec triple 29er SS, and a Ventana X-5. The Retrotec gets used significantly more, even though the Ventana is a very nice bike. Right now I'm jazzed about a used 16" Bandersnatch heading my way for the wife. While she was off her fully (Ells Isis w/ broken swingarm) she began enjoying HT life again (she's got a sweet old steel Marin Pine Mountain) and decided she wanted a 29er HT. I've got most of the parts I need to build it, and I know she's gonna dig it. Home town is in northern NM, w/ loads of uncrowded, rocky singletrack right out the door. And no, I'm not in the bike biz - hey, I've got family to support!
- Joe

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Welcome - I'm sorry we didn't connect on my Redline, but I'm stoked you found a nice Vassago for your wife!

Good to have you here Joe!

Cheers,

Mark

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nope I don't have it Todd - Joe was interested in it for his wife, but another fellow from Virginia kind of beat him to it with a really good quick offer on it.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
yeah, seems sorda slow over here compainred to all the hussle and butcrap over at MTbeer.

we need all the input participation of loyal RM's.

i have been bad too. lest post some stuff.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I'll try and do my part by taking the camera along on tomorrow evening's weekly Thursday-after-work-ride&beer gathering, and posting up some crappy pics. I've already converted one of the gang to a 29er SS, with another one tilting that way.
- Joe

I think we could really make this a great and interactive and informative and fun forum. Let's make it happen.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
I think we could really make this a great and interactive and informative and fun forum. Let's make it happen.

i got a new video camera that shoots HD and am promotiing a xc
race sunday, i'll have my wife shoot s bit of footy or 29ers that
will be racing. my brother, me and one other.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
sounds good Alex. Have you done any more thinking about a second type of bcd 29er?? Maybe it'll be an XC race machine??
mark, if i am spending my time making a bike i need to make a new DH
frame for next year. it will be 29 though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Gotcha Alex - I was just referring to that poll you did a few months back. What was the consensus on that poll just for the hell of it?

It looks like the Fox 40 worked out well for you with those mods you did to the arch - will the new DH sled be built around that fork?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Gotcha Alex - I was just referring to that poll you did a few months back. What was the consensus on that poll just for the hell of it?

It looks like the Fox 40 worked out well for you with those mods you did to the arch - will the new DH sled be built around that fork?
5-6'' fr all mountain with f der.

this bike with the alfine will have a 12-38 rear range, so if you use a
34 it could be ridden all mountain.

it will be built around 6'' a-c. what ever fork comes.