Quantcast

Whistler Car Pool Thread

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
With the price of gas at 3$ + a gallon I tought this might be a good idea.

I will start it off, heading up next monday 26th and tuesday. I got room for one person.

May 13, 2006
Olympia, WA
Where you live at, Fuzzy?

Im gonna be heading up on July 5th. But I dont have room for another bike, unless someone has a 2' hitch rack with a 3 bike set up.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Sweet idea!!! I don't know when I'm going up next and will have room for a passenger or be looking to hitch a ride, but I will definitely refer here! I hate spending money!!!

In order to conserve room on this thread (in order to allow it to best fulfill it's purpose), I am respond to F&S up here. Retarded, I know.

I do love Whistler, but I don't think their dollar is going to surpass ours. GW and associated decisions (read War) is the reason our dollar sucks (it's not theirs that is succeeding, but ours that is failing), and I think that will correct itself the closer he gets to leaving office. I'm not very well read on the matter though, so don't get angry if I'm wrong. I like the guy for the most part (don't get angry with me for that either). Umm, how about no anger period? Ahh, that's a good Monkey.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I'm trying to head up whenever the chance arises and I'm always looking for people to help share in the gas prices. I'm hoping to go up this Saturday after work and ride all day Sunday.

I heard from one of the patrolers on Monday that Garbonzo will be open this weekend so I'm stoked to get up there and ride it.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
!!!! garb is opening ?!?!!!!!
im up there over 4th of July- WOOT WOOT
im already bored of lower mtn this season LAWL

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
What DOES LAWL stand for? Or is that leetspeek for LOL because it sounds the same? Weird...
Anyway, one important question for TtotheJ and all others in the know:
When you go overnight, what do you do for lodgings? do you just find a hotel, or what? Can you camp somewhere? I like affordable options best...

erikkellison said:
Anyway, one important question for TtotheJ and all others in the know:
When you go overnight, what do you do for lodgings? do you just find a hotel, or what? Can you camp somewhere? I like affordable options best...
We stay with friends when we can. Other options:
Supercheap: Park in Lot 4. (I don't do that - too uncomfortable, but if you don't mind sleeping in your car it's an "affordable option").
Cheap (with psycho rangers who will wake you at 4 AM even after you've paid the toll): Brandywine Falls Provincial Campground south of Whistler.
Somewhat cheap: Riverside Campground just out of the village http://www.whistlercamping.com.
Also Shoestring Lodge: http://www.shoestringlodge.com.
Other than that, Google cheap Whistler hotels or hostels.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Shoestring is now closed :( :( Brett and I are heading up on saturday midday (11-12) plan to arrive about 4 ish and ride in the evening. Either camping somewhere or hoping that my couch connection calls me back :) The car is full so this may post may be better as a "cheap room post"

D

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Well I haven't been up there overnight yet this year, mostly because I can't find affordable options. Right now I'm thinking sleeping in the car doesn't sound too bad, at least for one night. Camping at Riverside seems pointless to me since its like $30 a night. If you have 2 or more people you can get a room generally for less than $30 a person and you don't have to sleep in a tent. As for Brandywine, I think its pretty full during the weekends but might be a good option during the weekdays.
Looks like I'll be spending a night in the car Saturday, or just head up early Sunday morning.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Like Julie said, I am always up for a weekend day trip up to Whistler, especially since it is open late every day now. I have a Jeep that will fit one bike and one rider besides myself if anyone wants to hit it.

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
bikegrrl said:
Do you ride Whistler or Galbraith too? If you don't, you should...I would love to ride with more women riders! What are your work schedules?
Hi Bikegrrl,
I have only rode Galbraith once with my husband, he usually goes alone because we are on different levels of riding. I'd like to tackle it again this year though, so maybe I can go up with him and meet up with you while he goes out on his own sometime. I'm also looking for more women riders. PS, I work Days in Seattle. PM me if you want to talk more.

starrbabes

Chimp
Jun 9, 2006
Puyallup, WA
I also don't like the camping idea, by the time you spend money to fill the cooler with food and ice, you could just split a room with someone. Plus, you get a hot shower with a hotel room...My peeve of riding, I need to shower.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
TtotheJ said:
Camping at Riverside seems pointless to me since its like $30 a night. If you have 2 or more people you can get a room generally for less than $30 a person
Well its $30 for two people so its $15 a night. I can save that by buying my booze duty free on the way up :) Plus showers. Plus camping cause camping is kick ass (summer is here) but. I do have a few issues with riverside. *shrug* but ill let you know how it goes

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
fuzzycatnuts said:
With the price of gas at 3$ + a gallon I tought this might be a good idea.

I will start it off, heading up next monday 26th and tuesday. I got room for one person.
All ,
Fuzzy was asking if anyone wanted to carpool, not your flipping life story of wants and desires. Are you going on monday or not?

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Looks like I'm going up there on Tuesday just for the day. I don't have room though :( Maybe I'll see you all up there. I'll be riding this, and it might not be busy enough so someone might actually notice me. Though with some of the stuff I say on this board, maybe that's not a good thing ;)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We will be going up July 6th and coming back the 15th. Coming from Montana if anyone wants a ride.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Don't need a ride but I will be up there the 7th to the 9th. You'll know me if you see me: big guy, cheap motorcycle full face, red Yakuza Kumicho, cartwheeling down whatever trail I am on (I specialize in ass-over-teakettle bailouts at bike parks). Can't wait!

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Leaving Spokane on the afternoon of the 29th. Will be passing through Bellingham and crashing at Birch Bay that night. Hit Whistler from the 30th to the 4th. Plan on bringing my boat and finding some play this weekend too.

May 13, 2006
Olympia, WA
I'll be going on the 5th and staying to the 8th. I have room for one person, but I would need to find a way to secure a third bike, if the person has a 3 bike, bike rack then sweet, if not oh well.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I have the 4th and the 5th off. I can go on the night of the 3rd if need be, but I have nowhere to stay. I would like to ride at least one of those days, preferably both.
I am willing to ride along with someone, but I am quite willing to drive. I drive a Subaru Impreza with two racks on it, and it costs about $35-$40 for gas round trip to Whistler. If I have one passenger, we split gas. If you are two, and have a spare rack I can put on my car, then I can take three and we can split gas 3 ways. Let me know. My riding buddy has his bike on ebaY.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Hey erikkellison I'm headed up on the 3rd and want to ride on the 4th as well. Driving home Monday night and then getting a ride up on the 4th sounds more appealling than sleeping in the car. Unfortunately I don't have the 5th off so I have to be back that night or early in the morning (don't work until 11:00am). Let me know if you're interested.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
That just might work... driving in the morning and leaving at night makes for a long day, but that's usually better than spending money for a room.
Edit:
Who gives me negative feedback for my posts in this thread, calling me simply "nuub?" Some people, honestly...
If you really have something to say, say it. Let's talk about it.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Im leaving for Whistler tomorrow if anyone needs a ride up. Ill be driving thru Bellingham around 300pm. Im not coming back for 9 days so you will need a ride back if you want to come home earlier. Later

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
Kanter said:
Im leaving for Whistler tomorrow if anyone needs a ride up. Ill be driving thru Bellingham around 300pm. Im not coming back for 9 days so you will need a ride back if you want to come home earlier. Later
Look for a brown guy in Spokane with a V10. :thumb:

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I am heading up to whistler friday july 28 for crankworx but a need a ride up there(I got a ride back). I would share gas expenses

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Anyone going up this Sunday? No TJ, I'm not excluding you, I'm just wondering in general. I heard it was going to be hot, so I might not ride, but thought I'd see...

I need to get up to Whistler next Thursday (the 27th) in time for (and ideally a few hours before) the slopestyle qualifiers, because I'm shooting the comp. Anyone have room for another rider? My BF (fuzzycatnuts) probably has to work Thursday, so I'm hoping to leave the car for him but it's critical that I get up there in time. I am also open to heading up Wednesday night but Thursday would be ideal. PM me if you have room for me and my camera bag, plus hopefully my bike, though that could come up with my BF is necessary.