Quantcast

Whistler FRS Frequencies....

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I'll be up at the Whistle on Memorial Day weekend for my first trip of the season, and we always ride with radios to make it easier to split up and reform for runs, etc...

We tend to use 2.32, that's channel (2) and code (.32) and will sometimes fall back to 2.50 if that freq. is crowded.

Maybe we can agree on a RM radio frequency, that way monkeys making it up to Whistler can hit one another up via radio to get together for runs! Just an idea, but I thought it might be fun, the radios work well up there and it's always nice to ride with unexpected friends!

I know I know, organized Monkeys could be a dangerous thing but.......:monkey: :devil:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Ummm.....you know...it's just easier for people to just spot Velocity Girl and Myself with our Celeste Green Nicolai bikes :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by DisgruntledCow
ya wow if one thing about whistler that pisses me off is all the corwdedness of the channels. i always get winny kids who cant find their mom. ALWAYS
Winter time is MUCH worse...:D

I don't have a radio...gonna be tough to meet up ;)

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Why the hell didn't I think of that?

How about 4.20 and 4.11 as the channels of choice? Oddly enough, 2.32 DID get crowded a couple times last season, and we had to switch.....

Any other suggestions? Who knows which frequencies are most crowded?

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by Captain Crunch

Any other suggestions? Who knows which frequencies are most crowded?

Is this an American thing? Wouldn't it be easier to use the text messaging feature on your cell phones? :confused: ;)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Mocha
Is this an American thing? Wouldn't it be easier to use the text messaging feature on your cell phones? :confused: ;)
Not everyone can read their phones displays...... I smashed mine in a fit of rage because my phone sucks.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by Mocha
American, Mexican and European...overwhelming number of people use those radios...the only people I know that use them are backcountry guys who kind of need them to survive sometimes :)

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
cell costs money, not to mention, every time i break my cell riding (on #4) i have to buy a new one right w way, cuz its my only phone :rolleyes: i could to without a radio for a while