Quantcast

Whistler in August - need a place to stay

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone have a place to stay in Whistler in August? My friend and I from Santa Cruz are looking for a place to crash for 7-9 days. We would be willing to sleep on the floor if need be and could definitely chip in some $. Any help would be awesome.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Anyone have a place to stay in Whistler in August? My friend and I from Santa Cruz are looking for a place to crash for 7-9 days. We would be willing to sleep on the floor if need be and could definitely chip in some $. Any help would be awesome.
www.Alluradirect.com is your friend. Get a cheap one bedroom condo with a sleeper couch. You can save tons of dough by having a kitchen and making your own meals. Don't be afraid to bargain with the owners.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
Theres a campground just down the road, forget what its called but a basic site is was like 18 bucks a night so if you split it, 9 a night. cant beat that

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Theres a campground just down the road, forget what its called but a basic site is was like 18 bucks a night so if you split it, 9 a night. cant beat that
If we are referring to the same campground, it would definitely be worth looking into. No kitchen or anything but camp food can be made very gourmet with a little determination and creativity. The 'basic' deal is ok, but for like $5CDN more (I believe...) you can get an internet hookup at your campsite and electricity.
They had a nice big shower house with 4 or 5 showers if I remember correctly.

Something to keep in mind if you don't come across anything else. 10mins at the most to get to the bottom of the Garbonzo lift.

Edit: this is the place we stayed for 2 nights, Whistler RV Park & Campground, http://www.whistlerrvpark.com/
$29CDN a night, more than I recall but it's a good deal & hot showers are a plus.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Guess maybe I'm getting old. I've camped, crashed on couches, slept in a vehicle, etc., up there, and I'm telling ya you will want to spend the extra dough for a condo if there is any way to swing it.

If you do Whistler right you will be riding your face off all week, eating tons of food, and doing lots of work on your bikes. By day 4 or 5 you will be especially glad if you have a comfortable bed, a kitchen, hot showers, laundry, a spot to work on your bikes, and a secure place for your stuff when you're on the mountain. (Not to mention hot tub access, which is almost always included.)

A week up there is an endurance event and if you want to stay sharp on the bike the whole time, treat yourself right off the bike. I don't know your situation but it's a vacation man, splurge (a little) on a condo and eat kraft dinners when you're back in Cali.