Quantcast

Whistler Memorial day weekend?......

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by bibs
Nick, Jack , Dennis and myself:D ;)
Me and my crew. 4 total. I have gone up on Memorial day for hte past 3 years and it is always a blast. I almost look forward to getting soaked and then heading back to the condo, letting your shoes clunk around in the dryer for an hour and then heading back out. AAAhhhh, good time. We'll see you up there. We should go out together on sat night.

Originally posted by buildyourown
Me and my crew. 4 total. I have gone up on Memorial day for hte past 3 years and it is always a blast. I almost look forward to getting soaked and then heading back to the condo, letting your shoes clunk around in the dryer for an hour and then heading back out. AAAhhhh, good time. We'll see you up there. We should go out together on sat night.
sounds good, it was SOOOOO dry last weekend..hopefully it will be on memorail weekend too

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by buildyourown
Ill be doing the trip as cheap as i can..... I hope. Ill be up for a few brews. I take it your not camping then if you can drop the shoes in the dryer. I dont know where im staying yet.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by oly
Ill be doing the trip as cheap as i can..... I hope. Ill be up for a few brews. I take it your not camping then if you can drop the shoes in the dryer. I dont know where im staying yet.
We are staying at one of the condos at the Stoney Creek area....

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Screw camping. Whistler is about having a good time and spending money. It's not real money anyways. I think we have room on the couch if you still need a cheap place to stay.

And who invited mitzel anyways:rolleyes: Just make his mom pay for the room...and your gas. Those MI kids can afford it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Thanks for the couch offer. Im set for a room, i just didnt know where it was. You gotta have $$ to spend $$. Between racing and family I aint gots much $$.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I'm planning on being there Memorial Day weekend. Don't know if I'm staying the whole weekend or just a day trip.

Jr_B - I'll be there this Sunday too. You won't be able to miss me - I'll be in yellow. Yes, yellow jersey, yellow shorts, yellow bike. Are you two climbing around Squamish? The Chief or Smoke Bluffs?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Five
I'm planning on being there Memorial Day weekend. Don't know if I'm staying the whole weekend or just a day trip.

Jr_B - I'll be there this Sunday too. You won't be able to miss me - I'll be in yellow. Yes, yellow jersey, yellow shorts, yellow bike. Are you two climbing around Squamish? The Chief or Smoke Bluffs?
Saturday I think the plan is to climb somewhere in that area, not squamish...the boys have another area in mind, I haven't been there so I don't know where it is :) There's apparently a good mix of stuff, uber hard for the guys and some softer stuff for me to play on too. I'm gonna take my good camera, so hopefully I can post some fun stuff from this weekend.

I'll give a hoop n'holler if I see a big bird go by ;) I'll be on the slowbie stuff prolly most of the day - still getting my riding legs under me after such a long time off the bike.

Memorial day weekend I think we're heading to skaha? I'm taking an extra day off work so we can really have some fun climbing and such.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Saturday I think the plan is to climb somewhere in that area, not squamish...the boys have another area in mind, I haven't been there so I don't know where it is :) There's apparently a good mix of stuff, uber hard for the guys and some softer stuff for me to play on too. I'm gonna take my good camera, so hopefully I can post some fun stuff from this weekend.

I'll give a hoop n'holler if I see a big bird go by ;) I'll be on the slowbie stuff prolly most of the day - still getting my riding legs under me after such a long time off the bike.

Memorial day weekend I think we're heading to skaha? I'm taking an extra day off work so we can really have some fun climbing and such.
Mmmm Skaha - good times, good times. Haven't been in awhile. You'll have fun cause it's awesome.

Now back to biking so it doesn't seem like I'm hijacking this thread - you still going to be on the same bullit? I'll keep my eye out for you.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Five
Mmmm Skaha - good times, good times. Haven't been in awhile. You'll have fun cause it's awesome.

Now back to biking so it doesn't seem like I'm hijacking this thread - you still going to be on the same bullit? I'll keep my eye out for you.
hehe, yeah same ole same ole...I don't get too creative with bikes, instead I like trying different kinds of biking ;). The next horse in the stable with be a true XC bike, so the Bullit stays :D.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by toughguymagee
Freak, Gofstdh and I are going to go up this Monday. I know that Freak and VG will be there over Memorial Day. Should be a good time.
You guys suck! I soooo want to go :(

Oh well, at least we'll get some good xc riding in this weekend in Bend (if Freak gets better that is!)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Velocity Girl

Oh well, at least we'll get some good xc riding in this weekend in Bend (if Freak gets better that is!)
VG, please post how the xc riding is in Bend when you guys get back. We have never been and are thinking about heading down soon.

Thanks.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by Snacks
VG, please post how the xc riding is in Bend when you guys get back. We have never been and are thinking about heading down soon.

Thanks.

I can tell you already.....GREAT!!! I have a girlfriend who lives down there so I've ridden there quite a few times in the past 6 years or so. Definitely different terrain than here, but lots of super fun trails. I've always had a blast riding there.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
I can tell you already.....GREAT!!! I have a girlfriend who lives down there so I've ridden there quite a few times in the past 6 years or so. Definitely different terrain than here, but lots of super fun trails. I've always had a blast riding there.
Sounds like I'm going to drag trailhacker down there for a little xc. I gets pretty hot down there right?

Hummm......If you are not a local, and in town just to ride is there a place to get a map of the trails? Trailhacker has a thing about maps.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Sounds like I'm going to drag trailhacker down there for a little xc. I gets pretty hot down there right?

Hummm......If you are not a local, and in town just to ride is there a place to get a map of the trails? Trailhacker has a thing about maps.
Yes, it definitely can get hot down there....high dessert.

As for maps and stuff....not quite sure.....but there are a few bike shops in town that I'm sure you could call before hand and get some info.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
From what i remember bend is like spokane in a way. Lots of pine. Dry and dusty. Its been years since i was there for the summer. My dad and i used to camp on the high cascade lakes road every summer. Sick area. One day ill bring my boy there to do some fishing too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by oly
From what i remember bend is like spokane in a way. Lots of pine. Dry and dusty. Its been years since i was there for the summer. My dad and i used to camp on the high cascade lakes road every summer. Sick area. One day ill bring my boy there to do some fishing too.
Yo D. How far is Bend from PTL? We have to the PTL area for a family event and I'm thinking about added a like xc into the vacation.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I'll be there one day out of the weekend. Hopefully monday as there will be less crowds. Not staying there though. Wake up and leave at 7am, ride for 6 hours, get home at 7pm.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
man i remember whistler last memorial day weekend. A-line was a river....and i dont mean with bikes...WATER. Me and another guy were the last ones there by like 3:30. It sucked.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by Fast&Smooth
man i remember whistler last memorial day weekend. A-line was a river....and i dont mean with bikes...WATER. Me and another guy were the last ones there by like 3:30. It sucked.
Yeah, it wasn't the best weather last Memorial Day weekend. It was really f**king annoying that you couldn't ride for more than 10 feet before your goggles were covered with mud and you weren't able to see!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Yo D. How far is Bend from PTL? We have to the PTL area for a family event and I'm thinking about added a like xc into the vacation.
dont remember. Use mapquest to find out...... Start "portland" end "bend" .....

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington

Get ahold of Ridemonkey himself (Aaron) he lives in Bend, he might be willing to show you guys around some

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Berley and me will be there from Friday to Monday. Gonna try to get there early enough on Fri. to ride a bit before they close, too! It will be nice to be up there and even cooler to see lots of peeps we know! Look for us on single pivot patrol, black Gemini and Scuba Yellow Bullit!

I got me a brand new drivetrain this week, and fresh pads front and rear, so I'm ready to rock! :D