Quantcast

Whistler Memorial day weekend?......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by SR
I think I may do a day trip on that saturday. It's always fun to drive longer than you ride
We are headed up saturday aslo. Im not sure yet if ill be in oly or seattle though. I might take the day off and just stay home all day friday so i can spend time with the family, then drive up to seattle around 10. My other option is work and commute as notmal, and get up like at 3:30 saturday so i can meet snacks and crew early.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by Mocha
The Canadian holiday is this weekend (24th), so we won't be there. Have a good time, D!! :D
Thx. Hope to ride the shore again once the race season is over for me. When its time ill get in touch. Its been so long i forget where to go, adn you guys always know whats good.

D

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Sup fella's,

My friend and I are seriously considering on going up Friday night and leaving mid afternoon Sunday. Hope to see you all up there, were on Giant DH comps, one guy with a shiver, the other with a Dorado ;)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by bibs
...no one can actually predict the weather...news men are all fakes!! :D
I've been saying that for years! I think they employ them to keep the city dwellers who spend all their time in cars and buildings happy in their inside world...

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
it was supposed to rain all weekend...BUIT it didnt....Ill check on thursday...no one can actually predict the weather...news men a re all fakes!! :D
It poured and hailed and thunderstormed Friday to Saturday in Vancouver...It was just nice and pretty up in Whistler for Sunday :). I dunno what site Steve goes to for weather checks up North, but he said that his extended forecast showed Whistler to be down to 1 degree Celsius next weekend. Brrrr!!!!

But again, who knows...weather men just shake a rattle at the sky and think someone is going to give them an answer.

L

Lightninleana

Hey is there anyone from around the Tacoma area that can fit one more into their car... I've never been to Whistler, and I have a four day weekend this weekend, and I figure what better time. Thanks.
Leana

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Originally posted by Lightninleana
Hey is there anyone from around the Tacoma area that can fit one more into their car... I've never been to Whistler, and I have a four day weekend this weekend, and I figure what better time. Thanks.
Leana
You've never been to Whistler! Blasfamy. I'm afraid for how much your jumping skills will improve after a long weekend on A-line.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by oly
Hrm.... can anyone else confirm the weather? Where is a good place to look for reports?
What I have heard is rain this week till thursday and then a sunny weekend.

I will give another update near the end of the week ...

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Leana
Do you already have a place to stay up there?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Leana
We might be able to fit ya in....but we are only going up Saturday morning and coming back Sunday night. Lemme double check....

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
it was supposed to rain all weekend...BUIT it didnt....Ill check on thursday...no one can actually predict the weather...news men a re all fakes!! :D
No ****!! Like this past weekend, it was suppose to rain on saturday but it turned out to be nice and pleasant in whistler. I think weatherman is probably the only profession where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still keep your job. Anyhoo, I'll most likely be up there this weekend as well so say hi to a guy on a black AS-X.

Originally posted by PoserNewbie
No ****!! Like this past weekend, it was suppose to rain on saturday but it turned out to be nice and pleasant in whistler. I think weatherman is probably the only profession where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still keep your job. Anyhoo, I'll most likely be up there this weekend as well so say hi to a guy on a black AS-X.
yea, for sure ill br 1-of-2 04' Turner dhrs' up there..say hi too!

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by oly
Thx. Hope to ride the shore again once the race season is over for me. When its time ill get in touch. Its been so long i forget where to go, adn you guys always know whats good.

D

You're overdue, D!!! ;)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Mocha
Vancouver, BC?? :confused:

It was beautiful here all weekend.
Really? We were in Coquitlam Friday night to Saturday afternoon. It didn't start to clear up where we were until 2:00 on Saturday...But we had massive amounts of water coming down, hail, heavy rain, and thunder...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
it was just this weekend was super bad.....I wanna ride the shore soon!!
Where do y'all ride up at the shore? I've been to all three mountains once so far :) :thumb: We head out on the weekends reasonably often...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by Acadian
you guys all suck...

bibsy - when is the best time in June for me to pack my shait and fly into Seattle? :cool: :cool:
Acadian, there is a race on the weekend of 19-20 of june, the next one after that is on july 10-11.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Really? We were in Coquitlam Friday night to Saturday afternoon. It didn't start to clear up where we were until 2:00 on Saturday...But we had massive amounts of water coming down, hail, heavy rain, and thunder...

Nothing here in North Van that I can remember. Bizarre.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
The new green monster doesnt allow for 180's onto it and other neat tricks we got to see last year. Thats kind of sucks...

bt it is bigger and the wallride to wallride will be neat too. :)