ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Hey
Whistler Opening weekend! May 13th!!!

I am 90% chance going- we got hotel and everything

Anyone else going fo sho?
its gonna off the hizzle

If so, we should meet up for a A-line sesh because i dont think the rest of my crew is buckin up and coming along

Mar 1, 2006
bonney lake
as of last friday it was %100 on for me and two other buddies, but a nasty crash at post canyon yesterday is putting the trip up in the air for right now. hopefully justins alright and just needs a couple days of TV before he's ready to shred. he said he feels way better today so its lookin good.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Are all the lower trails suppose to be open on May 13?

When does Garbonzo usuallly open up?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Dont get you hopes up, on of my friends moved up there for summer, he said hes hearing early july throughout the village. And the lower isnt even open yet! He said all the lower will be primo late may. Garb is under a super amount of snow, if it usually opens in june with low snowpack like last year, just imagine a high snowpack like this year? Wont open for a while, id say last week of june at earliest.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
yup
its gonna be rainy up there
only lower mountain
but ya know what?

ITS ****ING WHISTLER!!!!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Kanter said:
I hope its open by July 6th.....
Easy money...mid june almost 100%...the mountain cant afford to NOT have it open.

Oh I will be hear opening...working...I am not to excited to ride opening but I have been *up*

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
ok i'm not even gonna lie
i am seriously pumped!!!!

all i did last night was watch New World Disorder and the Collective

lets start the countdown.... 4 days till i leave!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Roasted said:
Easy money...mid june almost 100%...the mountain cant afford to NOT have it open.

Oh I will be hear opening...working...I am not to excited to ride opening but I have been *up*
What do you do up there? Working i mean

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I won't be there the first weekend, but I will be there May 19-23. Going to a camp to improve my skills. From the website, I thought they said No Joke would be open, which is on the upper lift...I guess we'll see. I know they are using equipment to clear out all the trails, but the sides will be banked with snow. It will be interesting. I'm soooooooo excited as well!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
The park is going to be in good shape. In the past 10 days, there has only be 2 days of light on and off rain, and the forcast calls for sunny skies this weekend. Should be a good opening.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I need to take back what I said earlier in the thread about the No Joke trail. Just talked with a gal up there who informed me that the upper mountain will not be open until the end of June or early July. I guess we're stuck with the lower mountain for awhile, but it will still be a blast and a good time to work on some skills. Can't wait!!!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
GrapeApe79 said:
I won't be there the first weekend, but I will be there May 19-23. Going to a camp to improve my skills. From the website, I thought they said No Joke would be open, which is on the upper lift...I guess we'll see. I know they are using equipment to clear out all the trails, but the sides will be banked with snow. It will be interesting. I'm soooooooo excited as well!

No Joke wont be open for another couple of months.