Quantcast

Whistler spec's?

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
How long does it take ya'll to get to Whistler from Seattle with boarder stops etc. I'm trying to convince some friends it's worth getting a pass up there but they keep b!tchin' about how much money it takes to drive there, eat, and sleep. What's the season pass run, $200 US? Give me a good spec'd list so I can try and feed them some bs in order to drive there weekly ;)

You know something like;
It only takes 8 trips to pay off the pass, the gas, food and hotels is less than $100 a trip type of sh!t. ;) :D

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
It only takes 8 trips to pay off the pass, the gas, food and hotels are less than $100 a trip

happy?:p

Well, actually it really does only take 8 trips to pay off the pass. gas, depends on the car, figure just over a tank if your car gets decent milage. Hotel, cram as many people in and it sometimes adds up to $10 per person. Or you could camp. food, bring your own you lazy bums. alcohol, bring your own, or rack up $100 tabs at the bars. On monday, i spent $6 on gas, $22 on a ticket, $8.70 on lunch including tip and a pint of beer, and $7.00 on another after ride beer (it was strong!) That adds up to just over $40, and it would have been under had i eaten the lunch that i packed.

I can tell you that whistler is worth EVERY penny you spend.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by roscifer

You don't have to tell me twice, I'm trying to get my friends to realize but they're on a budget of bike shop mechanics and still moochin of ma & pa for a place to sleep at night at the age of 23, lol... I'm ready to ride, but my scenario is totally different than theirs.

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Originally posted by WARider
You don't have to tell me twice, I'm trying to get my friends to realize but they're on a budget of bike shop mechanics and still moochin of ma & pa for a place to sleep at night at the age of 23, lol... I'm ready to ride, but my scenario is totally different than theirs.
why don't you just ditch your friends and hook up with some new people? there are always people headed up from the seattle area.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
why don't you just ditch your friends and hook up with some new people? there are always people headed up from the seattle area.
Oh that's definently something I'm going to be doing if I can't get my friends to go! Are the people on ridemonkey pretty open to new comers or is this a real tight crew? I guess as long as I come bearing some heinikens everyone gets stoked ;)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by bibs
i know we are open, but only if oyu have a sense of humor :D
Is that like when you smile and laugh and sh!t? I'm all about frontin' california style... or should I say Bellevue style...lol :p :rolleyes: ;)

It only takes 8 trips to pay off the pass, the gas, food and hotels are less than $100 a trip

happy?:p

Well, actually it really does only take 8 trips to pay off the pass. gas, depends on the car, figure just over a tank if your car gets decent milage. Hotel, cram as many people in and it sometimes adds up to $10 per person. Or you could camp. food, bring your own you lazy bums. alcohol, bring your own, or rack up $100 tabs at the bars. On monday, i spent $6 on gas, $22 on a ticket, $8.70 on lunch including tip and a pint of beer, and $7.00 on another after ride beer (it was strong!) That adds up to just over $40, and it would have been under had i eaten the lunch that i packed.

damn, i had a 100 tab at the bar this weeknd...it hurt!!! and the next morning too!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by bibs
I have, but this weekend Im riding the shore and next I have to do Dads day stuff...then the Chelan race then back up. :D I have been up since the first day they opened...it been great every time. But not when they broke into my car!
What day you riding the shore? Where you riding too?

Also , anything get jacked from your van?

I am new to the Seattle/Bvue area, but road trip to whistler on occassion. Fortunate for me, I've got die hard buddies that travel there even from oregon 'cause it is so worth it. We are heading there thur,fri,sat of next week and are always open to new riders who like to get rowdy and have a good time. We travel cheap because gas takes most of our money. But season passes are worth it and if you want to tag along sometime feel free...