Quantcast

Whiteface Fall Classic: Huge Picture Thread of race course...

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Okay it's Thursday night (2 days before our return to x-c racing at Whiteface) and things are looking great! Weather has been dry and beautiful all week. Forecast is a pleasant room temperature 70, with a mix of sun and clouds for Saturday (race day). The trails have been very dry, and in if your traveling from another part of the state, we have no clay in our soil. Very loamy, absorbent and loaded with tons of roots and rocks. Adirondack Single-track with a killer view, and perfect weather to boot. Yeah!!!!!!!!!

I took some pictures of the course today. Enjoy!

The course starts out at the base area. This is the 1st climb to get you into the single-track:

A little farther up the 1st climb:

We wanted to make sure the course will be super easy to follow::

The 1st section of single-track. Kind of drops you right in:

Kind of dark in this section. Hope your not afraid of the woods?

We taped every section where another trail joins (trail 11 & 21). This spot was obvious but we made it more obvious:

I always loved this section of trail 21:

From here the course exits the woods for maybe 1/8 mile and enters again on trail 19:

Trail 19 quickly makes a 90 degree right and goes up trail 18:

At this point trail 18 goes up a little and traverses bikers right across the mountain. More single-track on trail 11 that I did nit get any pictures of. Sorry.

After a little more traversing on a service road for maybe 1/8 mile, and then you enter the best part of the mountain!
Trails 6 & 7 may become your new favorite trails:

Super fun little downhill section:

This is the Ausable River. You would have to look just off the trail to see it, but man do you hear it on most of this trail. Just awesome!:

This doesn't look very steep, but it's a fun little climb that you can get great traction on:

Nice little bridge to fly over:

This one doesn't show the trail well, but check out the color of the leaves. It's already changing up here:

This is a tough climb:

Down by the river:

At this point you come out of the woods right in front of the start and base area.
All that in a quick 30 to 45 minute counter clockwise loop.

To register:
http://www.downhillmike.com/index.ph...d=68&Itemid=89