Quantcast

Whitetail snowrace March 10th, 2007

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey everybody, I just got a phone call from my local bike shop to spread the word about an upcoming event at whitetail.

A page is being created for the event:

www.thebikestore.com/web

Any input from the riders is welcomed and suggested, just post on here, and the word will get back to the shop.

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
After canceling the dh race and the response I got from whitetail, there is no way I am coing to that event.

So I gots some questions.....

1. Err-one hates Whitetail now???

2. Are they still having a race in the summer???

3. Is there gonna be a local mid-atlantic series along with the gravity east series???

4. Should I renew my NORBA license???

5. Koala bears are cute...why do they have to be so far away from me???

KD1569
Cyclist

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
I love racing as much as the next guy but I dont reallly like snow racing. A small part of the fact I am not attending is "political" but mostly I am pissed off at them because they canceled their summer DH race(the capital cup that was supposed to be held in june). I would rather spend that weekend at the shed, building trails, or maybe doing something with dirt and rocks rather than going to mess around in snow. I have been doing that for a while now.

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
So whats the plan? Will there be any jumps or will it be an old school slalom race? Will there be breakaway gates or metal poles that hurt like @#$% when you hit them?

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
First of all, Whitetail has NOT cancelled the Capital Cup - They just have not confirmed yet. I had a good talk with the management yesterday and it still looks promising. Secondly, a good showing at the snow race may only help the cause. I'll be there reguardless, hope you will too.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
So whats the plan? Will there be any jumps or will it be an old school slalom race? Will there be breakaway gates or metal poles that hurt like @#$% when you hit them?
As of right now I've been told that it will probably be a Y format without jumps. Snow jumps and bikes usually don't work too well together. Last year whitetail provided short plastic poles which seemed to work nicely. They weren't break away, but weren't hand slappers either.

If anyone has some good constructive ideas on how the race should be run, this is your chance to make your voice heard. The guy in charge is pretty open, and wants this to be an event everyone can have fun at.

TeamFatKids

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
The Banned One went to a few of these on the west coast.
His suggestions were:
1. Put the mesh fencing down the sides, keeps bikes from meeting spectators, or bikes from meeting trees sans riders.
2. Low gates, ala the DS an Sugar last year would be key
3. Running a chalk/dye line down the snow to show the course line is key.
4. Some berms couldn't hurt, even if they were just as high as your knee.

That was his suggestion.

I would throw in that salting the course is a bad idea. Eats the bikes, makes it set up like cement in the morning, and turns to slush in the after.

Maybe do it so you go ski, then bike/board, then back to bike to see who the king of the mountain is.

So let me get this straight....

1. Err-one hates Whitetail??
NO..not err-one

2. Are they stii having a race this summer??
Definately maybe

3. Is there a local race series or just the Gravity East???
Don't know....

4. Should I renew my NORBA license??
NO

5. Koala bears???
I have to move to OZ....

KD1569
Cyclist
Confused....

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Glad I am not right about the capital cup. I was told they were not having it this year. Sorry, now I am a lot less annoyed and I hope the snow event goes well, but i still need to get my fix on dirt after all this crappy snow.

edit- About the local series. Mid Atlantic Cup/Racers Edge (racersedgeonline.com) schedule is not out yet. I am guessing massanutten, whitetail, and maybe a couple other gravity east races will be in their series.

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
First of all, Whitetail has NOT cancelled the Capital Cup - They just have not confirmed yet. I had a good talk with the management yesterday and it still looks promising. Secondly, a good showing at the snow race may only help the cause. I'll be there reguardless, hope you will too.

:clapping:

Bump for that hot ride on the racersedge site....................................................:p

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
[QUOTE kd1569....do you mean the wizard, and a yellow brick road? If so, I'll go, we can shuttle somewhere.

OZ=Australia

We can shuttle any time....may I sugguest Cairns????

KD1569
Cyclist
10 years left...and dreaming.[/QUOTE]

cairns? sorry I dunno what that is, but I'll be home for spring break next weekend for a whole week. so I'll be open for shuttle runs at the shed for a week. I've got a new ride and I really wanna try it out, hit me up people. I need to be in shape for this race at the 'tail