Quantcast

Whitetail

Jan 18, 2006
Besides its F*@%ing Whitetail! Why would you not want to participate. All of the local guys from DC and Baltimore stand to gain alot if Whitetail opens for regular bike business. Help fight to get this place open and running. If it does open for business all of those opposed at going now will be reaping the benefits and enjoying the mountain that the rest of us help rejuvenate. Think Locally! You could get off work and go ride a lift access park, what could be better than that. 100 bucks is such a good deal, for those that race you know how expensive racing can be, you get two races and three days of riding. Invest the time and money now for riding for years to come.

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
Does anyone have the address? Is it located in PA or MD. After doing a search on Yahoo, I keep getting a PA address. if this is correct let me know.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Plenty of camping on site, $10 per night or $15 for the weekend pass, includes all ammenities. There are plenty of condos left too. They are a little spendy but we've negotiated a 20% discount for racers. If you have enough people to go in with, it's not so bad. plus, the places are really nice. for details check out www.whitetailrealestate.com

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Everyone should go to this race and support. Whitetail has top notch terrain, it's easy to get to and you dont feel like you're in a ghetto supermarket parking when you are there.........its a first class place in a beautiful area.....

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Cant Climb said:
...you dont feel like you're in a ghetto supermarket parking when you are there.........its a first class place in a beautiful area.....
Thanks for posting this. Glad to hear it doesn't look like a ghetto parking lot. Yeah, this is girly, but I come to races partly for good scenery... so thanks for the tip!

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
More questions... What sort of food options are there or should I pack for all meals. How far to stores/restaurants? Any shade or cover to speak of in the camping area?
For someone there more for the riding than the racing, should I enter beginner or sport (age 25)?

Thanks for any answers, I just don't entirely know what to expect.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
yellowrake said:
For those who can't digest the entry fee for the capital cup($100) or simply can't make all three days, The Md. State Championship is Sunday's race and may be entered seperately for a fee of $60. Dual (Y format) will cost $30. $5000 in cash and $20,000 in product will be awarded this weekend so don't miss out!
just for clarification... is the $100 fee only for the 2 DH races and you have to pay an extra $30 for DS? can we ride the DS course if we are only registered to race DH?

i want to check out the DS course tomorrow during practice and then decide whether to race DS?

thanks.