Quantcast

Who actually does something after a big ride?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am going to sit around the rest of the day, napping, eating, and watching boob tube.

I did a longer ride yesterday and worked the whole day. But both rides this weekend have tired me out.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Early in the season, it's definite zone out time post ride. Later on in the year as a semblence of endurance builds up, I'm usually able to do more than just drool on the couch.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Uh, what would I like to do? or what usually happens...I bring a recovery drink to fuel me immediately afterward, then eat breakfast somewhere yummy if I have time/money, then I get to go to work or I shower and then go to work. Saturday rides I have my boys and woman to hang with all day and I really cherish that time so I will drink coffee or acai/yerba mate or someshpoop to get my metabolism rollin again and I finish out the day knowing sleep will be deep that night.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i had for what this time of year can be called a big ride: an hour on the DH rig in snow & 20 degrees. afterwhich i shoveled snow, played uno, watched 2 hrs of "how it's made". i think i ate something that made me fart in a c#.

after a legitimate big ride i just watch my calves twitch & listen to massive attack.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
my big rides usually start early enough in the day that im finished by early to mid-afternoon

i seem to always get a buncha errands done after a ride or i might go into work for a few hours to either catch up or get ahead

normally the ride is pretty tiring, but i dont like to interrupt my nightly sleep schedule so ill just stay up, get stuff done until then

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
A big, long ride with friends just isn't complete without post-ride beer and chow.
:stupid:

the food (and beer) usually leads to me being tired!

If I don't have the beer and food after our long Weds. night rides... I can not fall asleep! I am still toooo jazzed up from the ride!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hmm, I guess it depends on what you call a big ride?

anything from refuel & go do another ride, to beer/grub/driving home to just laying on the ground almost comatose