Quantcast

Who all makes big-rise bars with integrated crossbraces?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Gack
Block 8
Kore
Funn(isn't it just a kore look-a-like?)

I want a 2.5"-3" riser with the integrated X-brace, but either can't find them or can't afford them when I do.:angry:
Prefer aluminum as 'moly gets heavy, but once your ride passes the 50 pound mark it doesn't matter anymore...:(
So, who makes 'em, where do I get them, and how much $$$? I can't find the .243s or the Funns.
Oh, also, I had a set of the Gacks and HATED them, no where near enough sweep, killed the wrists.
I've even considered picking up one of the Redline Forklifter 4" riser bars off Ebay for $8 and running a drop stem. Thoughts?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
DMR makes some, but I think people have had breakage issues. I believe BMW makes them, but they might be one-off or something of that sort.

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
unrealcycles.com

They've got .243 bars for $30 also have several other brands just go to their website they've got them all listed.

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Seems like a moto bar would fit the bill there, although I don't know what the clamp diameter is on those things it seems like I've heard of someone running them before on their Mountain bike.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
azonic used to make one (not sure if they still do) called the supercross bar. My freind has one on his bike and the thing is tits. Light too.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Originally posted by BurlySurly
azonic used to make one (not sure if they still do) called the supercross bar. My freind has one on his bike and the thing is tits. Light too.
The Ultra-Cross? That's what I'm running now and I like everything about it other than it was cut too short by previous owner(why do you all keep doing that!???!), and it does not have an integrated crossbrace, just a bolt on. It's also only a 2.5" riser.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by binary visions
Bontrager XXX Crowbar - and it's cheap.
That's what I use. 28" wide by 2-1/4" rise.

All cromo and welded brace. Not too heavy, and about $35 - $40 new.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Zaskar Rider
Seems like a moto bar would fit the bill there, although I don't know what the clamp diameter is on those things it seems like I've heard of someone running them before on their Mountain bike.
:think: I have heard that too...........

:D

1998ish Renthal DH bars from teh WB MTB catalogue....ahh history. They require a spacer like Bontrager crowbars(?) and the like. Mine are straight wall, there is no bulge at the stem mount. Simliar to the mounting of the old Answer DH bar.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That bike looks really small.....

I just checked out unrealcycles, and sure enuff-$30!

Anyone happen to know right off hand what the sweep is on an Azonic Ultra-cross? I like the sweep, it's comfy. The sweep on the .243 bar is 9 degrees. But I don't really like the bends on the .243. I LOVED the looks of the Gack, but it was practically a straight pc of tubing with the (lack of) sweep it had. Thought about sticking it in my tubing bender and "fixing" it(I build rollcages for 4x4s). But didn't really care to crack the cromo.