Quantcast

Who are your favorite stand up comedians?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I thoroughly enjoyed Hedberg's work. It's too bad that cocaine was a hellofa drug.

Dane Cook is a douchenozzle.

Richard Pryor (sp?) had a few great routines back in the day. I had, and lost somewhere along the way, an old VHS tape of him doing standup.

Agreed on Eddie Murphy.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Jerry Seinfeld
Larry the Cable Guy
Ron White
Flip Wilson
That Fat Chinese Chick

fluff, i know ,but it's comedy.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Classic Cosby . . . Bill Cosby, Himself
Eddie Murphy
Lewis Black
Russell Peters
Steven Wright
Westy
LLKoolkeg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Richard Jeni's Platypus Man stand-up show is one of my personal favorites.

Jeff Ross stand up, but his roasts are good too.

Mitch was awesome.

My comedic tastes are much like my music tastes. I like a lot of different folks and many different styles.

Jerry Seinfeld = not funny
Gilbert Gottfried as Seinfeld = damn funny

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Most of my faves have already been mentioned but I'll add Chris Rock and Sam Kinison. (Does dead count?)

And let's not forget Michael Richards, he is one funny honkey.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
-Chappelle for sketch comedy. Nothing beats the show.
-Robin Williams is certifiably insane.
-Still like all the Blue Collar Comedy guys. Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall (Especially since I became a parent!) Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White. I saw Ron White in a USO show a couple years ago, in a tiny club in Germany. He absolutely killed!
-Gotta throw in for George Carlin and Steven Wright. Although I can only take Wright for so long.
- Sam Kinison. The Master!

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Not a comedian per say, but Henry Rollins Spoken Word is one of the greatest live shows I have ever seen.

Oh, and second on Dane Cook being a total douche.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
On topic: Sarah Silverman and Bob Saget absolutely killed The Aristocrats. Rumor has it that Gilbert Gottfried has a decent one too.

Dubber

Chimp
Jul 27, 2007
In no particular order:
Louis CK
Bill Burr
Patrice Oneal
Jim Norton
Bob Saget
Bob Kelly

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Rumor had it that Michael Keaton attempted stand up before he got his break acting. Can anyone confirm? Apparently he was okay at it.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Bob Saget!!!....Are you guys serious? Am I missing something?....George Carlin rules all :D....D
I know, i thought the same thing about Bob Saget too. All i knew of him was Full House and AFV, and he was so lame. BUT his standup is pretty damn funny and definitely rated R, maybe that is what made it funny. Either way, he was pretty good.

My list:

George Lopez
Martin Lawrence
Eddie Murphy
Dave Atell

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I know, i thought the same thing about Bob Saget too. All i knew of him was Full House and AFV, and he was so lame. BUT his standup is pretty damn funny and definitely rated R, maybe that is what made it funny. Either way, he was pretty good.
ok maybe but all I ever saw of him was AFV...and he sucked on that show:disgust1:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think Dane Cook sucks at life.

I watched Daniel Tosh's "Completely Serious" thing with Comedy Central and thought it was hilarious. Also started listening to some Brian Regan stuff and I think he's very funny while still keeping it clean.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Richard Pryor.

"So I went back in the house, 'cause cops have guns too. But cops don't shoot cars...they shoot niggaaz"

Pryor ruled.
He was 100% crazy both in his real life and on stage.
His stories were real and honest which made them twice as funny.
Stuff like when he shot up his girlfriend's car so she could not leave and how he felt all bad ass until the cops showed up.
And that bit he did after he caught himself on fire was hilarious.

His stuff is still copied constantly.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I am in agreement with many of the above-mentioned favs but one that I like, who hasn't come up, is Demetri Martin. I loved his spots on the Daily show and he had two solo specials last year that were just awesome. I believe the one is called "Demetri Martin - Person". Check it out.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Just to add my 2 cents (and to show my age-- haha).........

Some Steve Martin
Lotsa Richard Pryor and Robin Williams
Any of the Rednecks (White, Foxworthy, Larry, Engvall)
A calming Cosby
And how can anyone forget Cheech and Chong? I saw them live in Phoenix, and my sides split 7 ways from Sunday...................

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Demetri Martin is great. I saw him live a year or so ago (my nephew is a big fan, so I took him up to Hollywood. Wasn't expecting to like the show nearly as much as I did) Martin's a little like a smarter Hedberg on a modest amount of substance(s).

Obviously Pryor and Carlin. I like Mitch Fatel too, but he's like what JohnE said about Wright...better in smaller doses.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
And for those that don't know bob Saget's stand up..... well.... in his words "This ain't no Danny Tanner"
I saw Saget on HBO and thought that his standup was damn near unwatchable.

The Aristocrats mention just jogged my memory...Billy Connolly has a great bit in that one.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Saget gets a lot of props for his Aristocrats thing, but I really didn't like it. He was too busy cracking himself up to be funny.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I think Dane Cook sucks at life.

I watched Daniel Tosh's "Completely Serious" thing with Comedy Central and thought it was hilarious. Also started listening to some Brian Regan stuff and I think he's very funny while still keeping it clean.
Yeah, Daniel Tosh is hilarious.

"Get on a treadmill, put it on 8 with an incline, cause I'm gonna stick around with back fat.

I'm not fat, I'm pregnant.

Whatever, it's gross."

:rofl: