Quantcast

Who do I have to shiv to get Maxxis UST these days?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Is it just me, or has Maxxis been out of the High Roller, Minion DHF and DHR tubeless for what seems like a lifetime now? We've been trying to order direct, and its like paddling up river with a dixie cup...

Anyone know what the story is? Any idea on when they're coming back?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's how it is getting singletracks right now... I canceled an order because they were actually backordered (it didn't say that) and ordered from another place because they were getting some in. It's almost a month later and they still don't have singletracks... :rant:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
That's probably because Sun discontinued the SingleTracks. If you really want some I have two brand new 26" 32h STs hanging in my room. PM me.

As for the tires, I haven't really been looking but I'm planning on running some new 2.5 3C Non-UST High rollers tubeless on my new 823s. Hope it works.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I talked with a guy from Hayes/Sun and he said they have stopped making them but a good bit of places still have them. I picked mine up from J&B a few months back when they had low quantities and the next week I checked their site and they were no longer listed.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I've been trying to get a set of Minion DHF's in UST for 3 months now! Tried everyone. I can get DHR's from BTI, but that's it. I got a DHR off E-bay last fall so that's all I've got...

Popular tires for sure.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Seems like Kenda and Maxxis have some of the same projected sales issues.

Damn you fetish bike industry! Damn you to hell!

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
I was having the same problem when I was building up my bike and then I finally managed to find some from Wilson. They had 5, I bought 4. I'll let you guys scramble for the last one. :popcorn:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
3Cs work perfectly tubeless, and will last WAY longer than super tackys
Agreed. But, they also weigh 100+ grams more than the UST versions of the same tire. 2 UST Maxxis tires saves half a pound off your bike!

Nothin like buying a new tire every time I spend the weekend at the lifts... :nopity:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I've got a gram scale and just weighed these a few weeks ago...

Minion 3c DHF: 1305 grams.
Minion UST DHF: 1195 grams.
Gotta factor in weight discrepancies though. You'd have to sample from a batch to really see the average weight difference.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Gotta factor in weight discrepancies though. You'd have to sample from a batch to really see the average weight difference.
6 Minion DHF 1290 +/- 20g

4 UST Minion 1170 +/- 20g

all tires bought at various different times over the past year.