Quantcast

Who else has a boss this dumb?

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
You should make him derive it using arc length from calc II.

Then tell him to save by hitting alt+f, then x, then n, really fast in that order... :p

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Originally posted by caboverpete
So far today my boss has asked me the formula for the circumference of a circle and how to save a file in excel...... oh and he is a Professional Engineer.
What are you guys designing, so I know not to buy it? :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Echo
People get promoted until they reach a position where they are incompetent. Pretty funny to watch :)
No no, the Dilbert Principle states that incompetent people are promoted to management where they can do the least damage...

Stories like this make me really, really glad I've got a great boss.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
My boss is dumb:D He thinks i'm going to work sunday:confused: ........but that's not going to happen, it's the only day I can go to the mountain.:sneaky:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I'm sorry to hear about your boss, but to be honest, it's been YEARS since I've thought about geometry, let alone done any. I'm lucky that all I really do is add and subtract, with a little multiplication and division thrown in.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
my boss fake bakes, bleaches his teeth, and uses just for men.
he is so corporate it makes my teeth hurt.
Please God grant me a new job and get me out of here.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
My boss told me tuesday afternoon to get a 4 color catalog job ready for him so he could see it and approve it because it ABSOLUTELY needed to be at press this afternoon.

He didnt even show up for work today, his sec... office assistant :rolleyes: told me he decided to take the day off.

And he knows damn well that Ive been working my ass off to get it ready for him...

I think thats pretty good, puts him up for the azzhole award too :angry:

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Originally posted by caboverpete
formula for the circumference of a circle
telling him to take the derivative of the area of a circle with respect to r. Make em do it long hand. Oh he could do it with crayons if he wants. Slide rules ok too. No CRC tables for him.
:D

Mike

PMac

Chimp
May 13, 2004
Summit
I'm my own boss right now, so I'm not in a position to say really... ;)

But, I have a friend who worked on the Mars Orbiter telecom and her boss got liver disease. All the drugs they gave him and toxins from a non-functional liver made him dumb as a stump. He's still "working" because nobody has the heart to fire him. Just hanging on until retirement...