Quantcast

Who else thinks R. Clemens is a bold-faced liar?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
BS, squirrel. You saw Grossman play at seattle, didnt you? You telling me he played poorly? He had Kearney up his a$$ all game and still played well.
Mediocrity does not a star make.

He looked great in college because parity is not there. At all. Period.

Yeah, if he gets a decent line he may shock the world and not throw 20 picks in a full season. Then again, he might do the same damn thing he did in 2006 and play flyers-up with the other team's D. When you have a rating average of 73.9 for a season......there's a reason people don't believe.

Now that he's going to be less mobile (and he WILL be...no matter how much rehab), I can only imagine what will happen.

But I suppose the city that withstands the Cubs will no doubt continue to bend over for Lovie, management, and their "commitment" to just not get the picture...

Oh yeah...and Clemens, definitely a liar.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I think I'm starting to just hate baseball all together... I have had enough.. I could care less about next season

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I wonder if Clemens is finally going to admit to everything today.

"According to a lawyer familiar with the matter, McNamee had syringes used to inject Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone that still had traces of Clemens' blood. McNamee gave those syringes to federal prosecutors last month when they came to New York to meet with McNamee and his lawyer, Earl Ward."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm not sure McNamee is exactly a legit guy. He has been bandying about his Ph.D, which he received from a diploma mill in MS. He seems like another physical trainer jerkoff who turn going into the gym and injecting 'roids into a career.

Not to say that I believe Clemens either.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm not sure McNamee is exactly a legit guy. He has been bandying about his Ph.D, which he received from a diploma mill in MS. He seems like another physical trainer jerkoff who turn going into the gym and injecting 'roids into a career.

Not to say that I believe Clemens either.
I think it's pretty awesome that he saved a syringe and gauze pads, I'd of had that schit up on ebay.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
"According to a lawyer familiar with the matter, McNamee had syringes possibly used to inject Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone that possibly still had traces of Clemens' blood. McNamee gave those syringes to federal prosecutors last month when they came to New York to meet with McNamee and his lawyer, Earl Ward."

Have the results come back yet?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Isn't is VERY suspicious that this guy has this stuff from years ago?

Even if it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the syringe has both Clemens DNA -and- illegal substance residue inside, well, what if he injected Clemens and lied about said substance?

Anything this guy says from now on has to be questioned.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Eww. Keeping Clemens' needles is like Lewinsky not washing Clinton's pecker tracks off of her dress.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The FBI is investigating whether baseball great Roger Clemens perjured himself in testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee earlier this month, government officials told CNN on Thursday.

The FBI will also probe whether his former personal trainer, Brian McNamee, lied in testimony to the same committee, the officials said.

"The request to open an investigation into the congressional testimony of Roger Clemens has been turned over to the FBI and will receive appropriate investigative action by the FBI's Washington field office," agency spokesman Richard Kolko said.

In the February 13 hearing, the former New York Yankees pitcher adamantly denied taking performance-enhancing substances, while McNamee testified he injected Clemens with anabolic steroids or human growth hormone.

In an affidavit, former teammate Andy Pettitte also told the committee that Clemens had admitted using the growth hormone.

On Wednesday, leaders of the House committee asked the Justice Department for the perjury probe, saying Clemens' insistence under oath that he never took performance-enhancing drugs raises "significant questions" about the honesty of the seven-time Cy Young Award winner.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/28/congress.clemens/index.html

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Let me put it this way. Some sh!tbird from Texas in a silly uniform made millions throwing a piece of leather and cork harder and more accurate then most everyone else. Another sh!tbird convinced him that to keep getting that $$$ he needed help and wanted his piece of the pie too. In a way I don't think Roger knew he was doing anything wrong at the time. When he worked it out and realized he had actually done something wrong. He just justified it in his mind by denying to himself that he did anything wrong. Thats what sh!tbirds do....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Let me put it this way. Some sh!tbird from Texas in a silly uniform made millions throwing a piece of leather and cork harder and more accurate then most everyone else. Another sh!tbird convinced him that to keep getting that $$$ he needed help and wanted his piece of the pie too. In a way I don't think Roger knew he was doing anything wrong at the time. When he worked it out and realized he had actually done something wrong. He just justified it in his mind by denying to himself that he did anything wrong. Thats what sh!tbirds do....
I think he knew exactly what he was doing was wrong, but he has lied enough about it that he won't let himself go back on it. Now he will lose his ass rather than manning up like Andy Pettitte.

Bonds might suffer the same fate.

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
I hate baseball now. This is just the annual scandal that started back when they had the walk out that year. Clemens was a childhood idol, who has since lost all respect, and not just cuz he plays for the Yanks though that's reason enough. Just like the Pats deserve to have their perfect season tarnished, regardless of whether they cheated in any other games; Clemens also deserves to be tarnished. And for the record, to those who feel he is playing better now, lay off the crack.
1985-90 was the heyday for those old enough to remember. Setting the nine inning strikeout record in his second season then coming back two years later and breaking his own record. By the way, does anyone find it suspicious that he's like the only pitcher who based a career off a splitter and still has an arm to talk about. Those pitches do serious damage. That's why most coaches won't teach it to kids at a young age. Ahh..the miracles of modern medicine (injection)