Quantcast

Who has an LG-1?

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Transcend said:
And it makes it 100% more difficult to get proper hardware for shock mounting.

Seriously, it can be a major pain in the ass to get the proper hardware when you get a new shock or move a shock to a new frame.

I can see it being extremely useful...but I can also see ISCG being useful and the manufacturers can't even get that right yet so....
don't get me started on why ISCG should have been banned years ago

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
beaverbiker said:
ISCG is incredibly useful, manufacturers have to learn to follow design blueprints. There is absolutely no reason to require special guides for different bikes. (GT and Giant come to mind). It is incredibly limiting for guide choices.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Jeremy R said:
Yeah, it really sucks how all those headsets are the same size and they all work in all my frames. Silly standards.
who said anything about headsets? so a 1.5 headset works with a 1.125 frame and vice versa?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Jeremy R said:
Yeah, it really sucks how all those headsets are the same size and they all work in all my frames. Silly standards.
Except if you buy the Giant or whatever it is. You know, the one that decided it needed 2 headset cups just for sh1ts and giggles.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Transcend said:
ISCG is incredibly useful, manufacturers have to learn to follow design blueprints. There is absolutely no reason to require special guides for different bikes. (GT and Giant come to mind). It is incredibly limiting for guide choices.
id rather have my chainguide rotate a little and absorb the large amount of energy. otherwise it'll brake the tabs off the frame or worse, that energy will go into other parts of the frame or even my body.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
beaverbiker said:
who said anything about headsets? so a 1.5 headset works with a 1.125 frame and vice versa?
We are talking about STANDARDS.
There is a HEADSET STANDARD.
Is that enough or will a pie chart help?:blah:

Actually I did use a regular headset in my 1.5 frame with some $5 reducer cups. No problem.
I wish they were more standards actually,
Like all bolt on stems working on all the major co.'s fork crowns.
Little things that make life easier.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
beaverbiker said:
I totally agree, and so does much of the bicycle industry. Thats why we got together and put together the ISCG05. You can read about it at www.iscg05.com.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
beaverbiker said:
back on the chainguide subject, it's a simple component. why does everyone keep trying to over complicate it with all this design and r&d time? now a 15MW gas turbine power system that can run for years without stopping, that's a different story.
I don't know about everyone else, but for e.thirteen and I, I spend time to improve every little detail. The end goal is simplicity, adaptability, and function. It takes time and thought to put so much detail into something so simple. The end result is a product that performs exactly as planned and works the same on a wide variety of setups in a wide variety of conditions. Its a constant improvement process, and as the owner of a company, I personally feel that I owe that to our supporters. To each their own, thats just my way of doing it, and it seems to be working OK, so I am going to stick with it.

Dave

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Acadian said:
no tacos at this time...they are under development still. If you want to run a Taco, you’ll have to make your own.
......going to have to wait then.....need taco....