Quantcast

Who has Cox HSI?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
If you have Cox High Speed Internet, do you know how much dial up access you get? I only found on their website how to buy more, but it never says what they give you. If anyone knows, I'd rather hear it from you than have to call them :dead:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
errrr... i don't know for sure, but i don't think they give you any free dial up. i've had their service for a coupla years now and it's never been mentioned.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Yeah, I don't believe HSI companies, at least not here in the area give you dial up access....

It would be nice though. They would rather you pat premium for HSI and spend as little money at all to give "other"services like that...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
They do give Dial up for when you are on the road and want to log into your Cox Account. They don't advertise this type of thing though.

From This Page I would infer that 5 hours are included, but i'm not sure.

And Ralph, this is not for Richmond, its for NOVA, up at my moms house

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
el_gordo said:
Just use the AOL demo disks...:blah:

BAD idea. NEVER EVER give AOL your credit card number. Or address for that matter! They will NEVER leave you alone!

And this is to cheat the Verizon network, and connect to the net through my new Treo only using minutes, not their rediculously expensive data package :eek:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
BAD idea. NEVER EVER give AOL your credit card number. Or address for that matter! They will NEVER leave you alone!

And this is to cheat the Verizon network, and connect to the net through my new Treo only using minutes, not their rediculously expensive data package :eek:
Oh OK, I didn't know it was NOVA...and hell yeah, Mikes right about the AOL thing. I do not allow any of their disks in the house....

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
BigMike said:

Actually, I have not used dial up in about 6 years including AOL... now days I just look for a Starbucks, pay high fees, and type realllllyyyyy fast if I just gotta connect on the road.

And I am using Cox right now in Williamsburg -- But I have to get a new provider in a month when I move to DC. Any recommendations???

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I don't know anything about DC, but here in Springfield its COX or Verizon DSL. I think DC might have Comcast, and i've been really happy with their services in Richmond. The CS could use some help, unless you can get on the internet and use the live chat feature, which is REALLY useful!