Quantcast

Who has the best bike

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
haha
ill post:

08 Specialized P.1. Animal Hamilton Pedals, Gamut Bashgaurd, Purple KMC Chain, Maxxis Larsen TT 26x2.35, 2008 DJ 3.5s lowered to about 70mm, spank lock ons, shadow conspiracy seatpost.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
How is anyone going to compete with the stealth bomber :confused:
haha... didn't see it comin' huh?

well I think there's a little ebony vs. ivory thing going on here... with my little Molly Hot-rod vs. GMD's vanilla cream dream machine...
but, I'll be the first one to say, that one is about 7 levels above every other. Although he did have a little hand in both rides so hey... vote Greg Melms for president. :clapping:

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
For ME...

I can't remember if I posted way back when or not, so here it is...

08' Riot - 21.5" tt, horizontal drops
RockShox Argyle 318
Shadow Conspiracy Torrid cranks, 175mm
Profile euro bb cups
Tree splined 24t chainring/12t cog
'We the people' integratedheadset
Thomson stem, 50mm
Deity bar
Woodman Bill SS rear hub, 36h, laced to black EX721, DT spokes
Woodman Bill LTi front, 36h, laced to black EX721, silver DT spokes
Wellgo Magnesium pedals
Thomson post
Surely clamp
BB7/Speed Dial 7 brakes
K-Rad tires
KMC 710sl chain
ODI lock-on BMX grips
Fly seat

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
snapped this one this morning in the elevator up to my office.
nice lil 20 minute cruise to work - perfect way to start the morning.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
these are three from my rack they just fsll into the hard tale cat

the last is for fun

holy high-spec'ed out the wazoo over the moon. That's some catalog flippin', order placin' overload right there, I'm not too sure what to say.

...that last one first appeared to be a nice idea for a fun simple grocery getter/cruiser, but then after closer inspection is apparantly blinged out so far beyond any XC (or most other) rigs I've ever owned in my life, therefore kind of putting it in a "why?" category, haha.... Does it see that many miles to where those high-end heavy-coin parts are even really desired or close to being needed? I'm not here to question your build really, as it's super classy, but man, I can think of 10 other projects I'd put that effort and coin into before that.... sorry for the rant. :imstupid:

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
that was my old race bike back in 93 i worked for spinergy for 8 years and own a bike shop in durango. The parts were all old just redone and painted we put about $400 into the revamp so yea its worth it its more of a show piece for the store to show are custom build capabilities. heres pne more custom to show off its in the dh forum but oh well

and this one is a joke its and old foes be built for a crusier crit we had in town now its just hangin in the shop 24 inch wheels drop bars hell yea

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
haha
ill post:

08 Specialized P.1. Animal Hamilton Pedals, Gamut Bashgaurd, Purple KMC Chain, Maxxis Larsen TT 26x2.35, 2008 DJ 3.5s lowered to about 70mm, spank lock ons, shadow conspiracy seatpost.
sick bike, i was looking into getting those grips but i cant seem to find them anywhere, did u get them online?

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Sheesh, I can't compete with some of these bikes.
Oh well, I swapped my Diabolus headset over and grabbed a cheep halflink. I now really want to loose the 30-15 and go 24-12 after looking at Dirtbag's Riot.

redtaco

Chimp
Feb 12, 2008
Here is my.243sl. Still waiting on my bar and stem from atomlab, rigid and 31.8 bars are a little rough on the wrists.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
I'll play...

Some ghetto lock out action here...

Over compensating for a complete lack of skill with some skull valve caps.

Specs:
Frame: Woodman Components D
Size: Small
Fork: Rockshox Pike 426
Stem: Thomson X4
Bars: Answer Protaper OS
Grips: Lizard Skins North Shore Lock on(brown)
Brakeset: Avid SD7/Avid BB7
Shifter: Sram X9
Rear D: Sram X9 short cage
Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller Urban
Wheels: Spank Subrosa w Hope Pro IIs
Tyres: DaBomb Dirt Reapers
Pedals: Specialized Lo Pro IIs
Saddle: Charge Stool(brown)
Seatpost: Thomson Elite(30.9)

Last edited: