Quantcast

who here is running 03 crowns on an 02 monster?

snipes287

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
alright...so...I have what I think to be an 02 monster, might be an 01. and I went ahead and ordered some 03 crowns but when I got them in and put them on, I seem to only get like 4 inches of fork stanchs and the crown only drops an inch so taht means the the longest headtube bike I can have is like five inches...wtf? :help:

what is up with everyone else? can I get close up pics of their lower crown and up?

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
snipes287 said:
I seem to only get like 4 inches of fork stanchs and the crown only drops an inch ?
The lower crown can only really go in one spot. The top of the lower crown should almost be inline with the machined bit of the leg. That leaves like 178mm of stanchion (just enough). If your upper crown doesn't reach whats left of the upper legs you will need the drop crown.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I have my 03 crowns set at the machined mark on the stanchions and I have a little over 6" to the top adjustment knobs. Plus with about 1" of drop of the top crown as you mentioned, that should be enough. It's been a great upgrade. PM me your e-mail if you want some pics.

toby