Quantcast

Who here really doesn't give a rat's keister about football?

Jan 29, 2005
i can't really watch it, then again, i don't have quite the same understanding of the game as most fans do. I can watch road cycling no problem, because i know whats going on, but with most traditional sports im left in the dark on the more subtle aspects, so its really not that interesting for me

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
can't stand pointyball. the people that get all screamy at the tv make me laugh though... and the fact that they refer to the team as "we". umm... your saggy butt has been glued to the couch cushions, how exactly did you help the team again?

it's gotta be one of the most boring things to watch in the world.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
most team and ball sports are really boring, football is one of them. seriously whats with all the downs and stopping I think the game should go on even if the ball is on the ground, the player could like crawl to the goal while dragging people on his back....that would make the game much more interesting. I never enjoyed Ball sports, the only game I can play with a ball I can do is dodge ball everything else is too damn confusing.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
ThePriceSeliger said:
I would be perfectly happy whatching CSI Las Vegas all day and a few bike videos all day. NFL is ok, but college just isn't as interesting.
Wait until you know people on the team. Didn't give a rat's rump about basketball until the guy down the hall was on ESPN.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Sport is for doing not watching....except for world rally champs (but only cos I can't afford to play ;) )
I almost never watch sport on the box, I'd rather watch a dvd or surf the net or read a book.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i will watch a few playoff games.. just kind of flip through a few games.. but honestly I have no desire to watch the games... andthis is coming from someone who played all through pop-warner and HS football. I love the sport , but cant watch the game. I would rather be in the game. the same holds true for all sports.. I rarely ever watch sports on TV

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I definitely could care less. What gets me is millions of people spending millions and millions of $$$ on something that they don't even do. What the hell is up with that? Sure, there are some people that watch it and actually play, but they are the exception.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Morryjg said:
I definitely could care less. What gets me is millions of people spending millions and millions of $$$ on something that they don't even do. What the hell is up with that? Sure, there are some people that watch it and actually play, but they are the exception.
That always confused me, too. People buy tickets, buy jerseys, paint their faces, and they don't even play the sport...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Watching any sport is like watching paint dry. Although I do like to participate in most of the occasionally.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morryjg said:
:think:

It's entertainment. So people shouldn't watch TV and movies or buy DVD's because they don't act?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Morryjg said:
Well, alot of people in the lounge spend a ton of money on bikes, but do not even ride. Same deal.:blah:

I agree on one thing though.
Adults should not be wearing any type of jersey unless they are participating in the sport.