Quantcast

Who is using a prophet?

webeskankin3

Chimp
Apr 21, 2005
my friend has one and the thing is awsome. He uses it for freeride tho so he is kind of consider getting something different but it does hold up.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I have one but I don't use it for XC...I have the 4X version..seems like all he big mags have reviewed it in the last month or so...maybe check there...D

Aug 13, 2005
Maine
I have been riding one for just under a year now. Really happy with it. I opted to go without a lefty in favor of a All Mtn SL from Marz. I have had lefties in the past and wasn't impressed with performance of needle bearing technology after a year or so.

It weighs in @ 30 lbs with cross max sl's and xt bits from shimano and Hayes brakes. That is plenty light for me.A buddy of mine Has his down to 26 lbs. with bunch of carbon parts. I am a bigger guy that says no to carbon. I also ride it in the 69 degree ht angle postiton cuz 67 taxes the fork to much. When I first built it I had a Manitou Nixon platinium on it and that fork rode good until it died an early death.

Its a weird bike in the fact it can feel like a trail bike or a freeride bike. I feel it makes better trail bike because it wants to go fast in the woods. It rips through the trails very nicely. The harder the better. It does climb a little slow. The bike doesn't inspire hammering up hills. It chugs and gets the job done but doesn't say sprint. In the 67 ht mode it feels like a baby Gemini but a lot flexier. It rails down hills but I don't trust it. The frame is to light to really freeride aggressivly.

I am happy with it as a trail bike.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
RoboticDonkey said:
I have been riding one for just under a year now. Really happy with it. I opted to go without a lefty in favor of a All Mtn SL from Marz. I have had lefties in the past and wasn't impressed with performance of needle bearing technology after a year or so.

It weighs in @ 30 lbs with cross max sl's and xt bits from shimano and Hayes brakes. That is plenty light for me.A buddy of mine Has his down to 26 lbs. with bunch of carbon parts. I am a bigger guy that says no to carbon. I also ride it in the 69 degree ht angle postiton cuz 67 taxes the fork to much. When I first built it I had a Manitou Nixon platinium on it and that fork rode good until it died an early death.

Its a weird bike in the fact it can feel like a trail bike or a freeride bike. I feel it makes better trail bike because it wants to go fast in the woods. It rips through the trails very nicely. The harder the better. It does climb a little slow. The bike doesn't inspire hammering up hills. It chugs and gets the job done but doesn't say sprint. In the 67 ht mode it feels like a baby Gemini but a lot flexier. It rails down hills but I don't trust it. The frame is to light to really freeride aggressivly.

I am happy with it as a trail bike.
wow mine is about 32lbs with the same fork as yours....but it feels a lot stiffer than my Gemini DH...D

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I have had two. One set up for trail riding and the other set up for 4X. The trail bike has full XTR and Mavic XM 819 Ust rims with fifth element rear shock and Carbon lefty Evolve up front. 28lbs and smokes any trail I hit. I have done some extremely technical riding on it in auburn on Tinkers trail and been very pleased. I can also trust it at 30+ miles an hour down the culvert trail hitting 20 ft step downs at speed. I ride my bikes how I want and if they break or flex or whatever I get rid of them and this bike has done all and more than I expected. It climbs very well if you set up the suspension correctly and I like to climb. I climb very technical stuff and enjoi it's seemingly bottomless travel on the decents. It's light, handmade, beautiful to look at and rides amazing in all conditions. I even ride it on all the sport beg DH courses at the nationals to warm up in the mornings before a race.
The slalom bike is set up with a chain guide, 100mm lefty and trigger shifters but xtr brakes and xt cranks. 27lbs. VERY quick handling and super light and stiff in the burms. Couldn't be happier with it. I love the lefty's and think they are a superior shock with a misunderstood reputation. They are coming out with two models this year with "regular" forks. One with a Pike and one with a Fox 36. So...Every review has been really flattering to the bike. Europe, australia, japan, America, canada...they all have the same things to say and it has been named bike of the year on several continents including this one. Hard to go wrong with it.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
dirtjumpP.1 said:
rpk has one
That I do. This bike is awesome. I can use it for FR and XC stuff. I climb a lot of hills on it and there is no bob so I can plant the power and beat lots of other people. Haha. The Lefty is hold up good. Its the stiffest for I have ever ridden. Go for it. :thumb:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
RoboticDonkey said:
We have 2 of the same bikes.

How do you like your fork? Do you use your TST much?
sorry just found this...I don't use the TST very often unless I have an extended climb...I would say 95% of the time I keep it full open...oh and now I have it down to 29lbs:thumb:...I have a pic around here somewhere...D