Quantcast

Who rides motorcycles?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I cant trust myself, I'd end up without a license or dead so I dont own one.

but the last bike I drove was a 04 Suzuki Bandit 1200

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Grew up riding dirt bikes....

70's Motovilla 50cc
Late 70s Suzuki JR50
Late 70's/Early 80's Yamaha YZ50 (clutch and multi speed bike)
83 Suzuki RM80
86 Honda CR80
87 Yamaha YZ125
89 Yamaha YZ250WR

Then came college and MTB at college

Still a member or my motoorcycle club even though I don't have a bike....I do bum bikes everyonce in a while. :D

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
I have a YSR50 race bike at home and plan on building a couple KLX110 mini-moto's for me and my son to play with (he's 5). Previous bikes include a CR80 (when I was little), a stock Hawk GT, a built Hawk, an F2, a couple built oil-cooled GSX-R's, a TZ125, and a KTM 625SMC. I have ridden all kinds of stuff from Harleys to turbo CBR9's, and didn't own a car until I was in my twenties. Unfortunately, living in Miami, street bikes really aren't very fun for me anymore. If I won the lotto I'd move to Georgia and build KTM supermoto bike for the mountains and a new CBR6 for the track :)

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

88 fzr400 track ready street bike - ridiculously fun.

been riding/racing dirt bikes since i was 4... just got my first street bike 2 years ago.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
bmxr said:
I have a YSR50 race bike at home and plan on building a couple KLX110 mini-moto's for me and my son to play with (he's 5). Previous bikes include a CR80 (when I was little), a stock Hawk GT, a built Hawk, an F2, a couple built oil-cooled GSX-R's, a TZ125, and a KTM 625SMC. I have ridden all kinds of stuff from Harleys to turbo CBR9's, and didn't own a car until I was in my twenties. Unfortunately, living in Miami, street bikes really aren't very fun for me anymore. If I won the lotto I'd move to Georgia and build KTM supermoto bike for the mountains and a new CBR6 for the track :)
I had a YSR many years ago. A couple of my buddies had them also and we used to have a blast on them.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Some kid in my class is going to buy a new street bike once he gets his lisence. His parents are OK with is and he is going to finance a brand new naked Honda or Ducati. I think he is going to wreck himself within the first 4 months. Maybe i should get a pool going? :think:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
For playin in the dirt I have an '03 Honda CRF230. I just sold my old trials bike which was an '86 Honda TLR200. And I am in the process of fixing up a little '88 Honda VTR250 street bike I picked up for next to nothing. It needs some petcock work and a couple body panels and it'll be ready to go. After I figure out how not to kill myself, I'll probably trade up to something in the 600 range. Motorcycles are fun, but I'm figuring out real quick how much more room they take up than non-motorized bikes! My garage is running out of room fast!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Potroast88 said:
I have 2 bikes at the moment. I've got an '02 Triumph Speed 4 and a '78 Triumph Bonneville T140v.
Triumph's are pretty cool

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
after i graduate college, i've decided to either buy an R6, or a Hammerhead or 5 Spot.

i want a motorcycle so bad.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
stevew said:
Triumph's are pretty cool
Yeah, and they are getting harder to find. People are realizing that you can build a bitchin' little bike for 6-7 grand. I've always loved the way the exhaust comes out of the front of the heads on the Triumph twins.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
I have 2,a 91 Suzuki RMX250,which apparently is different to the US model,mine's the full hp enduro weapon,40hp 90+mph scary machine! :thumb:

And a 91 Kawasaki ZXR 250,Im only on a learner license so restricted to 250cc,so I got the fastest 4 stroke 250 I could! :evil:
Hehe,19 000 rpm is fun! :cool:

Attachments

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
Potroast88 said:
Where was that photo taken? That spots looks FUN!!!
The first pic was at a hare scramble near Florence, Missouri in July 2004; the second was at the Leadbelt National Enduro at St. Joe State Park (Park Hills, Missouri) in May 2004. Both races were awesome.

Parabola

Chimp
Mar 1, 2005
Seattle
I'm impressed with the # of racebikes listed, especially dedicated ones.

Kudos. You can really use these things to their potential on a track, eh? The street is constant frustration when you want to turn up the wick.

I tracked a 98 F3 to destruction a few years back. The older bikes are so much cheaper to maintain, but it's still a spendy endeavor.

Cheers :beer: