Quantcast

Who rode today? (6/7/08)

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Today was most likely one of the hottest days of the season and let me tell you, i was not ready for it at all. I brought a nice sized cooler with about 10 waters and a lot of ice, and i had to drink about a bottle between each run. Who else thought that today was a super hot/sticky day?

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i think my fork overheated! i drank about 2 gallons of water. i had to leave at about 2:00, it was too much. i got some good runs in though, im happy.

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
i was there. i rode from 9 -12. haha. im glad i have a season pass. even tbhough it is a 2 hour drive. those 3 hours of riding was still a great time.. even though i gusted up my elbow on my last run. haha

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i had a great time, but fatigue over came me @ about 1:30... i couldn't do it anymore... Helmet cam action will be posted in about an hour or so!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
conditions were awesome today, all trails were super fast. my boys and I were doin a little photo shoot and were def the last ones off the mt. pics will be up in the next few days.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
The lake looked so perfect to cool down in, with that perfect off shore breeze. Ill be up there tomorrow as well, hopefully were looking at a much cooler day without the humidity.

nicks500

Chimp
Jun 3, 2008
Drty Jrzy
it was definately one of the hottest dayys to be riding but it was worth it because i had a great last run and i was literally about 10 feet from hitting a deer after the second jump on lower dominion

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
conditions were awesome today, all trails were super fast. my boys and I were doin a little photo shoot and were def the last ones off the mt. pics will be up in the next few days.

I was wearing a Black and yellow helmet and was sitting down on my ass on all trails... you got a picture of me?

lol

good seeing you today, bro!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
it was definately one of the hottest dayys to be riding but it was worth it because i had a great last run and i was literally about 10 feet from hitting a deer after the second jump on lower dominion
i was on exudus like 3 weeks ago, some kid was on the otherside, he scared a bunch of deer, and they started runnin in front of me! i was to chase them down the trail. they were scared ****less, i felt bad. i guess they gotta be kind of used to the bikes by now.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
I took a wrong turn near lower dominion and must have went on a really old trail cause there were no signs of wear and tear, but i was going through and a whole bunch of turkeys were just hanging out in the trail.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I was wearing a Black and yellow helmet and was sitting down on my ass on all trails... you got a picture of me?

lol

good seeing you today, bro!
i think so! lol jk you gonna be up tomorrow?

btw i got bad sunburn just from takin my jersey off during runs.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i'm 85% going tomorrow....

I don't really have a helmet cam, i "taped" my Hi-def camera to my helmet and the results were... EHHHHH... you'll see, not that great... would have been better with out tall the vibration... sux...

but reality show was open and i got helmet cam of me hitting it.. :-)

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
BMX, it's really weird that 5 BoXXers were misbehaving today, including mine...

WTF....

My fork is still making that crackle noise... WTF....

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
reality show, i thought it was a waste of time to be honest, too short. i think they just opened it so people could get a little taste. i hope hey make it branch off to the left into the woods like on the the left of showtime(or whatever that trail is there)they said theyll be working on it all summer

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
BMX, it's really weird that 5 BoXXers were misbehaving today, including mine...

WTF....

My fork is still making that crackle noise... WTF....

get this, mine stopped. i think. it cooled down or something. thats weird though. moisture? seals dont like heat? idk!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
My fork still makes that clicking sound.... it makes the sound after for is compressed about 20%, very annoying in deed... wtf.... I may need it rebuilt... maybe not, the fork has been spiking after about midday... weird.. felt great in the AM....

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Funniest part is my boxxer was acting up all day, making a noise that sounded like cracking plastic and it would leak a bit.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
yeah i think it was just too damn hot, remember with the stanchions going up and down that created heat as well i guess....

i dunno...

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
where was reality show at ? and what was on it ?
Its right next to lower dominion, like a matter of 6 feet....if you hit lower dom you cant miss it.

IMO its an incredible waste of space. The kicker is cool, but that box is flat out stupid. What is there to do on it besides ride over it? Maybe some tricks if you are on a park bike, but i go there to ride big bikes. IMO that space could be used for more of those kickers...those are incredibly fun.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Its right next to lower dominion, like a matter of 6 feet....if you hit lower dom you cant miss it.

IMO its an incredible waste of space. The kicker is cool, but that box is flat out stupid. What is there to do on it besides ride over it? Maybe some tricks if you are on a park bike, but i go there to ride big bikes. IMO that space could be used for more of those kickers...those are incredibly fun.

I agree with that, lose the boxes & build more kickers, those wooden kickers just may be the most fun features at Diablo.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
is that the trail with the little wall ride thing and the rainbow box ? what is new on it ?
no, thats upper dominion. if you enter the trail for the top of lower, right to the left is the entrance for reality show. its been marked off with tape for a while

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
I loved the first kicker, but felt like i couldn't get enough speed also i think they would put a nice big double in place of the "box"

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I was there yesterday - rode from 9 to 1 then recharged and went back out at 3:20.

The "Fun Box" (as it's called in skatepark terms) I don't mind, but it's that you need to grab a few pedals to get up on it if you are on a full-blown DH rig. I could see it being cake to blast over that on a 4-inch travel bike or a hardtail though.

To make it easier to do tricks off of it I think the Trail Crew could widen the dirt deck that's on either side of the box - that way if you are going for a manual or a nose-press and things get crooked, you can roll off the box safely instead of winding up in a pile down below the dirt "deck" / tabletop that the Fun Box is built upon.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Yesterday was fairly brutal. Didn't actually get on the lift til probably 10:45 (despite getting there at 8:30) since i discovered that my rear brake was shot as soon as I took my bike out of the car.

Did a bunch of runs, and by the time we got tired, it seemed like almost everyone had left, so we thought it was around 3:45-4:00. Went to a Mexican restaurant, ordered food, finally checked my cellphone, and it was only 3:15. Must've stopped riding sometime around 2 or 2:15. I don't know if it's just because I'm pathetically out of shape, but the heat took a lot out of me and made me feel like I was riding for much longer than I was.

Oh and for the record, I don't like those boxes either. Tried to take one today and completely wiped, went OTB and ended up in the bushes next to the box. I guess some people could find cool ways to "trick off" those boxes, but for me, I'll probably just be riding around them from now on.

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
To make it easier to do tricks off of it I think the Trail Crew could widen the dirt deck that's on either side of the box - that way if you are going for a manual or a nose-press and things get crooked, you can roll off the box safely instead of winding up in a pile down below the dirt "deck" / tabletop that the Fun Box is built upon.

Vey true. Box is fun nonetheless.