Quantcast

Who rode today? (6/7/08)

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
first time riding diablo this season and even in the heat it was awesome, there trail crew does an great job, ive been to whistler and still am very impressed with what diablo does in terms of trail variety and fun factor. yea so thanks diablo

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
That would be cool if they put another box after the first box. Then after the second box you transition onto another kicker.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i was riding it on my ht, and it felt awkward to me. it felt like the lip was too steep, felt like i was riding into a wall and lawn darting lol. i think it is good spot and could have a lot of potential with all that space between there and green horn.

and for people complaining about the boxe and the kicker, it is not ment for full blown 8'' dh bikes. slopestyle is 4-5 inch bikes.

edit: they should make a wood kicker up to that box

Last edited:

ICU812

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
East Coast
All the new stuff is fun, as always the trail crew did a great job. But......Think about a trail with like 15 kicker jumps in a row, some small ones, some medium ones, and a few large ones. All spaced accordingly, with one large drop at the end. :cheers:

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
BMX, it's really weird that 5 BoXXers were misbehaving today, including mine...
WTF....
My fork is still making that crackle noise... WTF....
Add another why is my Boxxer sounding like it is going to snap. I had 110lbs in the air chamber. When I checked it it had 135. My Codes were not too happy neither. I guess the heat was hurting the bikes as much as it was effecting our riding. I rode both days but 2:30 each day was about as much as I could handle. Great weekend of riding anyway. Strip the bike down, rebuild, go ride, have fun. Repeat. It wouldn't be so fun if it was all easy.

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
and for people complaining about the boxe and the kicker, it is not ment for full blown 8'' dh bikes. slopestyle is 4-5 inch bikes.
I see your location is new jersey, so maybe you are close and can pick and choose bikes to bring a different days. But for the rest of us that travel 3+ hours to the mountain are bringing bikes to ride the entire mountain.

If the trail designers/builders (who are GREAT) build the features for slopestyle bikes than they would have a specific slopestyle trail/area. Even then...there is no way, in a money making business sense or to please the general crowd that making such trail not fun for DH bikes would be done.

Thats why there is some widespread dissatisfaction with the features.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
i feel the same way about the features, but us on big bikes dont need to ride the trail if we dont wanna. cool stuff for people who happened to be on little bikes

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
I like to have a little different terrain to mess around on my way down, just my view on the new features.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I see your location is new jersey, so maybe you are close and can pick and choose bikes to bring a different days. But for the rest of us that travel 3+ hours to the mountain are bringing bikes to ride the entire mountain.

If the trail designers/builders (who are GREAT) build the features for slopestyle bikes than they would have a specific slopestyle trail/area. Even then...there is no way, in a money making business sense or to please the general crowd that making such trail not fun for DH bikes would be done.

hey man if you dont like that one trail, theres about 40 others you can ride on your DH bike. they are just trying to have a variety of stuff for a variety of people.

ROBSNUTZ

Chimp
May 4, 2008
DIABLO just build more and there will one day be enough to satisfy everyone. The new stuff is all great because its different. The step up almost killed me but was a great idea and spot. Das wall needs a few more haybails crashed into the tree there ouch. oh yeah HOT AS ****

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
Reality Show is a slopestyle area and is marked accordingly. It is going to grow on a weekly basis so check it often for new features. The general consensus over the past few years was that park lacked slopestyle features and that is what the riders wanted, so Dominion was given a make-over and Reality Show was born. So far, the feedback on these features has been overwhelmingly positive, and more and more riders are showing up with short travel bikes.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
manual the boxes, nosey the boxes, just ride the boxes...

I ain't no trixter, but they're a nice touch of variety. I'd like to see Chase, GR or Adam Hauck swing through on an SS bike or HT and see what they can make the box do!!

Where're the new core DH trails at? Im looking for those with a certain kind of grin!!

mtbripper

Chimp
May 14, 2008

Dude, quite your freakin whinning. i myself live 3+ hours away and only bring 1 bike. also if your unhappy about all the features go somewhere else to ride, parklogic rocks, you suck

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yeah so i like to ride bikes how about you guys? ummmm yeah and about that box just PIN IT YOU FAIRYS! put on some man pants and try it. dumb pvssy's!

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
Dude, quite your freakin whinning. i myself live 3+ hours away and only bring 1 bike. also if your unhappy about all the features go somewhere else to ride, parklogic rocks, you suck
I guess most people can't read?

Please, point out where i am whining. I simply stated to the poster before me that they wouldn't build stunts to please ONLY smaller bikes, i never said the features weren't fun on a big bike.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
What is Diablo's elevation? How long does it take like an intermediate rider to get down the trail? I don't mind too much about short runs because I heard the lift is pretty fast and the lift lines aren't too bad.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
edit: they should make a wood kicker up to that box
The majority of us ride DH or FR bikes. That's why people are bitchin' about it. why F' up a run with this feat in the middle? Not arguing one bit... Just sayin'. EC

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
The general consensus over the past few years was that park lacked slopestyle features and that is what the riders wanted, so Dominion was given a make-over and Reality Show was born. So far, the feedback on these features has been overwhelmingly positive, and more and more riders are showing up with short travel bikes.
What about the DH'ers? I've been asking for more DH stuff like BMW, Ripper, and Stigmata but nothing has been done! As a matter-O-fact, Slayer is now cut in half?:rant:

IS ANYONE HEARING ME?

Thanks, EC

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well there all of the slope style stuff is on new trails... except upper Dominion. so its not like it is inter fearing with any dh.

slayer and evil bob were rarely ridin

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
i guarantee that the new ones have a hell of a lot more traffic then evil bob and slayer put together.
So should Dominion and these groomed trails be the only ones taken care of? Some of us ride technical you know. I have 8" f/r for a reason and groomed trails isn't it.

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
C'mon guys, diablo has to keep up with its reputation as being the skatepark mountain. Along with having the biggest concentration of sam hill wannabes on the east coast. :biggrin: