Quantcast

Who uses myspace?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
2 weeks ago we packed the house at club here... Not a single poster pinned up, all myspace. I'd say I got better results than the typical Telephone pole/handbill promotion... and I never left my desk.

Anyway, yeah. It is very useful.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've started to use it, mainly as a way to keep contacts organized re: my photography crap.

the interface/user operability is insanely hideous, though.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My band uses it, as do a lot of promoters. We're asked (via promoters) to send tour managers our myspace link to see if we are 'worthy' of opening for them, a la Carnivore, Celtic Frost, etc.: http://www.myspace.com/tohellback

we don't have many "friends", but at least we have Tigg AND Motorhead! You can't beat that!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
oh man, y'all need way more friends than that to be cool. I'll add you and I'll get my cat to add you too. He's the coolest guy on myspace.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
oh man, y'all need way more friends than that to be cool. I'll add you and I'll get my cat to add you too. He's the coolest guy on myspace.
We did a show last weekend, some chick was there all like "you need a myspace page! I have over 5000 friends on there and blah blah blah". Hopefully her 5000 friends are all hotties, and they become our friends too.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
We did a show last weekend, some chick was there all like "you need a myspace page! I have over 5000 friends on there and blah blah blah". Hopefully her 5000 friends are all hotties, and they become our friends too.
The good thing about it is that you can post tunes and when someone asks what kind of music you play you can direct them there to checky.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Well now you have two new friends. And, well, smokie is pretty hot for a 35 pound gansta cat.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The good thing about it is that you can post tunes and when someone asks what kind of music you play you can direct them there to checky.
Yeah we gotta get back down to our guitar player's basement and record again. A lot of the stuff we originally recorded for our demo and press kit, we don't even play anymore. It just seems like such a waste to spend time recording ourselves doing covers though.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i have one to keep track of people i take pictures for, then a personal one to keep track of my friends. unlike most people i only have my friends on my list for my real one.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I use it for the band and for ancient friendships that I like to keep afloat.

I keep an eye on my kid and her evil little high school friends too.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1:

My space is for 13 year olds and transvestites. Or 13 year old transvestites.

I can see how N8 would be on there but Narlus?!?! Sigh... :disgust1:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have one for me (I am ashamed) and one for a racing team I am trying to get off the ground.

I feel dirty for having admit this.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
...It just seems like such a waste to spend time recording ourselves doing covers though.

hmmmmm...

"To come original it ain't nothin' strange
you got to represent you got come full range an'
full range of emotion full range of styles
when you come to town you'll have them comin' for miles..."

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well the work filter blocks myspace, so i can't check it to verify.

you could try checking some of my contact's friends list, people like Jack Rose, Melvins, Big Business, Sir Richard Bishop, Espers, etc but that could be tedious.