Quantcast

Who wants first dibs on a new Sunday World Cup???

Hey, VA Monkies,

I figured I'd post here for a couple days before hitting the national boards, EvilBAY, etc. Wanted to give someone local...ish the chance to get a great deal on a Sunday. Plus...I hate shipping stuff. Especially big, expensive, heavy stuff :twitch:

My best bud bought an '06 Sunday World Cup...17" frame. He then proceeded to have major surgery on his left knee due to wrestling in high school, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and generally being a jackass and not rehabbing it correctly. No DHing for him this year. The bike has seen dirt ONCE, folks. On the trails behind my house. There is ONE chip in the paint on the top tube above the shock that was there when he got it...no dent, and a 1/8" of so chip. That's it on the frame. Right pedal is scraped on the outside, and some wear on the cranks from pedaling. The bike is showroom new other than that. Your first run will no doubt do plenty of damage :biggrin:

I have the Crank Bros. cleats, extra derailleur hanger, shock manual, fork manual, and Iron Horse manual.

Here's the specs off a site:
# Frame - 8" TRAVEL dw-link DOWNHILL RACE FRAME, 1.5 HEADTUBE, 150MM X 12MM THRU AXLE HUB SPACING, 83MM BB SHELL, REPLACEABLE DERAILLEUR HANGER
# Rear Shock - FOX DHX 5.0 COIL, 9.5"x3"
# Fork - ROCK SHOX BOXXER WORLD CUP W/ FLAT CROWN, 203MM TRAVEL
# Handle Bar - FUNN FATBOY, 30MM RISE, 710MM WIDTH, 31.8MM CLAMP, & ODI RUFFIAN MX LOCK-ON GRIPS
# Stem - FUNN DIRECT MOUNT STEM 31.8MM CLAMP
# Headset - FSA ORBIT CARBON W/ E-13 REDUCER CUP
# BB - FSA MEGAEXO
# Crank - FSA GRAVITY MEGAEXO, 165MM
# RIngs - E13 G-RING 40T
# Pedals - CRANK BROS MALLET M CLIPLESS & CRANK BROS 5050XX PLATFORMS
# Chain - SRAM PC-991 W/ POWERLINK
# Saddle - SDG I-BEAM I-FLY ST
# Seatpost - SDG 2014 I-BEAM
# Front Hub - DT SWISS 440, 32H
# Rear Hub - DT SWISS 440, 32H
# Front Derailleur - E13 SRS GUIDE
# Rear Derailleur - SRAM X.0 SHORT CAGE
# Shifter - SRAM X.0 TRIGGER
# Cassette - SRAM PG-970, 12/26T, 9 SPEED
# Brakes - HAYES HFX MAG W/ TI HARDWARE & V8 ROTOR
# Brake Lever - HAYES HFX MAG W/ BFL LEVERS & TI HARDWARE
# Rim - DT/SWISS FR6.1D
# Spoke - DT/SWISS ALPINE BLACK
# Tires - MAXXIS MINION DH SRY 2.7" FRONT 2.5" REAR

He just wants to unload it...so...asking price is $4500!!!! He's willing to take reasonable offers as well. He paid nearly $6k for it. I'm selling it for him (it's at my house...mocking my Faith) as a) he's in Ohio and doesn't have much of a DH scene there, and b) he's getting ready to move, and doesn't have time to muck about selling a bike.

I'm in Front Royal, and can drive to meet someone half-way or anything for a local...ish sale. Either PM me or mail me at go_ride@peoplepc.com

I REALLY just want to buy it off him, but want to spend my money on a new mountain bike...either an FSR or Moto Lite. Besides...my Faith has been good to me.

Anyone?

I'm 5'10.5" Used to be 5'11" Don't recommend wrecking into embankments at 30+. Tends to crush things. Anyway. It fits me well. I ride a 19.5" Hollowpoint, but the 17" Sunday is nice. A lot easier to throw around, but doesn't feel "too" small. Just a point of reference for anyone.

I mainly ride at GW National Forest in the Elizabeth Furnace area. No DHing if that's what you're after, but some sweet all mountain action. I'll be at Summit Point all day Saturday on the internal combustion powered bike. Sunday is a question mark. If you want some directions or anything...hit me up. Be forewarned, though, with that WICKED wind we had the past couple of days...the trails may be pretty f-d up and blocked in some places.

I'm hoping to get some riding in, instead of hiking with a chainsaw.