Quantcast

Who wants to party in Rotorua?

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
I'm in Rotorua of course.
Its not below freezing daytime in winter.:nopity:
I know 23 secret bush Geothermal hot river swimmingholes around here so don't be afraid.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
I'll be there the whole week, volunteering on the wednesday and thursday, making as much noise as possible for the other days :)
I'm gonna pick somewhere less crowded than the larches though, that section was packed!! ****loads of noise though!

Also scored a cabin just up the road, stayed there for oceanias and it was pretty tidy and really cheap

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thanks to a kick ass family friend travel agent, I now have a much nicer itinerary.

Montreal > LAX on the 18th, then LAX direct to auckland. 18hours flying and I arrive in Auckland on the early morning of the 20th.

I seem to also have lodging arranged with a few Aussie buddies, so it's game on.

Now let's just change this thread SUBJECT to: WHO WANTS TO PARTY IN ROTORUA?

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Theres a beach about 1 km from the WC Circus that has a hot stream 40C ~100f coming into the lake. I'm thanking of making a dam out of a plastic sheet, weights and floats. That way we can party on the beach with 20 ft wide Jaccussi (is that how you nth americans spell it?) and cold plunges.:cool:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Hot damn, count me in. I am staying with Scott from Farkin, no idea where yet as he isn't awake yet. I roll in early am (like 5:05 or some nonsense) on the 20th after a 12 hour flight and partying will commence about 10 hours later I'd imagine.

I think the 12 hours from LA will be perfect to sleep on and wake up refreshed and get on schedule pretty quickly. Plenty of beer will help of course.