Quantcast

Who would be down for some sheddin' on the 30th of October?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, Now that I'm back on my big bike, I want to ride in the woods and mountains and stuff. So, Instead of riding Richmond on Saturday for the big Birthday bash, We are thinking of relocating up to the shed, then coming down here for go-karting and drinking on Sunday. Who would be up for it?

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
BigMike said:
So, Now that I'm back on my big bike, I want to ride in the woods and mountains and stuff. So, Instead of riding Richmond on Saturday for the big Birthday bash, We are thinking of relocating up to the shed, then coming down here for go-karting and drinking on Sunday. Who would be up for it?

I'm in.
Shred! Shred! Shred!

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
whale said:
i'd be down, but i don't think i'll have a big bike to ride since mine is out of commission. we'll see.
i'll bring my extra and we can switch back and forth. i love having them both there but hate to leave one in the truck for fear of theft. you can ride which ever one you're more comfortable on. i'll be riding Mikes new RMX anyway... ;)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Animal Mother said:
i'll bring my extra and we can switch back and forth. i love having them both there but hate to leave one in the truck for fear of theft. you can ride which ever one you're more comfortable on. i'll be riding Mikes new RMX anyway... ;)
sounds like a good deal to me :thumb:

i'll bring you some beer for payment. just let me know what kind you like...

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
whale said:
sounds like a good deal to me :thumb:

i'll bring you some beer for payment. just let me know what kind you like...

not necessary but if you're gonna twist my arm... ;)
October Fest has been tasting quit good lately and it tis the season :p

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Is it safe to ride the 'Shed Saturdays in the fall? Meaning, do we have to worry about hunting season? I thought I heard something about Saturdays in the fall are dangerous but Sundays are better.

Oct 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
There is a sign at one of the overlooks that says Hunting goes on until the spring for out of park areas and that you should wear yellow I think is the color. I assume it's talking about out of Gambrill Park.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Fatespendulum said:
There is a sign at one of the overlooks that says Hunting goes on until the spring for out of park areas and that you should wear yellow I think is the color. I assume it's talking about out of Gambrill Park.

It's only Bow Season. If they're so blind that they can't tell the difference between a moutain bike rider and a whitetail deer @ 30 yards then blaze orange aint gonna do a damn thing for ya... just ride fast :thumb:

actually, the hunters in the Shed are generally very nice and safe people. i crashed up there last year and ended up with a bone sticking out of my thumb. guess who picked me up in their truck, gave me first aid, and rushed me to top to go to the hospital??? a truck load of hunters!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Animal Mother said:
It's only Bow Season. If they're so blind that they can't tell the difference between a moutain bike rider and a whitetail deer @ 30 yards then blaze orange aint gonna do a damn thing for ya... just ride fast :thumb:

actually, the hunters in the Shed are generally very nice and safe people.
Yeah, I've never run into any problems with the hunters up there during this time of year, although I do tend to mostly stick to Sundays up there come autumn and early winter to avoid the whole issue.

Just don't be wearing one of these :D

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
Saw two gentlemen with shot guns on the Pipe run last saturday. They were eyeing that log ride/drop for a tree stand. (kidding)
They seemed nice enough to let us pass without shooting us in the back.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Animal Mother said:
I'll be riding Mikes new RMX anyway... ;)

I wish!!

I dont have the cash for an RMX man, but the rest of my damn team is gettin on. J is on one. Robert is gettin' one when he sells his DHI, and Birdwang has his on layaway. Although, I did just pick up my birthday present to myself, and it says Rocky Mountain on it :D:D:D:D:D Hopefully there will be one up there for you to ride........ If I can get their asses up there :)

So who is coming back down to Reeshmond for some go-karting, drinkin', and partying? :blah:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Animal Mother said:
SWEET!! welcome to the RM club... :thumb:

Yeah, i'm TOTALLY excited about it! I figure, if I'm gonna wear a jersey for a team sponsored by them, I should have one of their bikes:)

I may bring it to the shed and do a Pipeline run on it :) Really all I want to do is build it, but I told myself I had to do my paper first. and by do my paper, I mean keep getting distracted by RM

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
looks like i'll be taking the IH out this week since i got the clunking to stop in the fork (lots of air) although my shock is still pretty f'ed up (it's going back next week).

ben, i might still need to "borrow" one of your bikes this weekend if you don't mind... if something goes really wrong on my ghettoed out IH.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
whale said:
looks like i'll be taking the IH out this week since i got the clunking to stop in the fork (lots of air) although my shock is still pretty f'ed up (it's going back next week).

ben, i might still need to "borrow" one of your bikes this weekend if you don't mind... if something goes really wrong on my ghettoed out IH.

no prob... i'll still bring both of them.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
What time on saturday? I'm down ill just be on my heckler which will rock up top but suck in the babyhead section.

buck

Chimp
Jan 26, 2003
poolesville/clemson for school
Hey would anyone want to ride on sunday or monday too. Me and a few other guys are going to nationals at seven springs then will be coming down either saturday or sunday and im planning on riding sunday or monday. Maybe gambrill, although ive wanting to go to the shed for awhile.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
BigMike said:
Lets say..... 10:30, top of E. That good for everyone?

nope... need to warm up a bit. I haven't been on my bike since the Shed
race. told Dan I would meet him at 9am at the bottom of the Hamburg Shuttle runs. i want to see what those kickers look like now :devil:

meet us there when you can... we'll hit E later in the day.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Animal Mother said:
nope... need to warm up a bit. I haven't been on my bike since the Shed
race. told Dan I would meet him at 9am at the bottom of the Hamburg Shuttle runs. i want to see what those kickers look like now :devil:

meet us there when you can... we'll hit E later in the day.
sounds good to me. i'll be there at 9am. just wait until you hit the 2nd and last jump! :devil: ;)

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Yeah, I'll be there at ~9:00. If I'm not there, check for my car at the end of the pipe run, I'll probably be a bit up the trail. I think you know why.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DßR said:
Yeah, I'll be there at ~9:00. If I'm not there, check for my car at the end of the pipe run, I'll probably be a bit up the trail. I think you know why.

No, I dont know why :confused:

9:00, jeez. Thats all, early and stuff :) Bottom of the Pipe run sounds good :)

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
sweet! i might have a clue ;) i'll try to drag stiff up there early and help ya out...

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
bring a rusty trombone, if you happen to have one lying around. If not, I think Andrew probably has one.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Sat. Oct 30
Isolated T-Storms
Temp: 82°/56°
Chance of prec: 30 %

Looks like the weather is gonna be nice!! I would expect nice "tacky" riding conditions at the ole Shed. 82 degrees at the end of October... better bring a sweat rag :think:

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
I want to come too but Im scared of getting shot! 9 is too early for Halloween weekend, so I'll find y'all later. I can't wait to try out my new bike!!! :-)

hey guys, actually it is a firearm season this saturday up there....but you're supposed to wear blaze orange (flourescent). You guys say you've had luck with meeting nice hunters that's cool. it was some sweet riding last sunday, i'll be up there tomorrow