Quantcast

Who would you spend $6,000,000 on?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Scenario:

You are a wealthy person. You have $6,000,000 to drop on someone or some organization, charity, etc.

Who gets the money?

I'd split it between stem cell research and clean energy research.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are a lot of worthy causes here, it's hard to choose. I know at least 1M to Oregon Food Bank, 1M to Oregon Humane Society, maybe start a foundation with the rest?

Oprah, is that you?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I'd buy the old empty school downtown and turn it into a skatepark/pumptrack/dirtjump/winter training area. Then I'd buy bikes for a few hundred kids and get the riding scene on the east coast even bigger.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
After the usual getting debt free (pay off house, cars, cards, etc) and getting a couple of toys (just don't know which ones), I'd---

Buy new plots for wife and me to be with Alaina......
Take care of my parents' mortgage.....
Take care of my sibs' mortgage.....
Donate to the pre-school library program Alaina attended, which would only be good for as long as the same teacher Alaina had is still running it.......
Donate to Grant-A-Wish (similar to Make-A-Wish)......
Donate to Compassionate Friends to help other parents that have lost a child.....

Any left over? Time for one heck of a road trip.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
A new studio, marketing, a hot 19 year old co-ed assistant and the rest goes in the bank for my soon to be purchased small island nation featuring a distinctive lack of people.

H8r, there'd be a drum room. You'd be welcome to hang out and entertain until my ears bled.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A sausage hoagy (lettuce, tomato, provolone, miracle whip and dressing) from John & Marys on Sheridan Drive in Buffalo NY delivered to me daily. Where ever I am in the world. No excuses.