Quantcast

Wholesalers

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Ive started a mobile mechanic buisess last year. and Im doing pretty well. I know some of you here have or still work in shops. what are the better wholesellers to order parts through?

Oct 29, 2007
I prefer BTI for lots of components, but not so much for drivetrain parts. J&B is pretty great for Maxxis rubber. QBP is a gigantic catch-all, and has the best website for ease of use. These days it would probably be a good idea to have multiple accounts so you can get what you need in the small windows where it might be available before selling out.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
It can depend where you are and where the distributors' closest warehouses are. The QBP website is the best for searching but we get a lot of stuff from BTi too. J&B is my go-to for low end stuff. If you live on the East Coast KHS is actually a good distributor with great prices. Getting Sapim CX-Rays spokes from them is so much cheaper than getting Aerolites from DT or QBP.

Last edited:

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
It really depends on how your setup. Most of those guys need a store front and there are a bunch of things you need to submit. Photos of your store front and business license. You would need to find out what each one is looking for. I know QBP is the hardest to get a account with.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
From what I know, you can’t get a qbp account without a brick and mortar storefront, detailed pictures of your work area and tools/etc, an ein, a business license, insurance, and other industry references, such as bike lines that you stock.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
From what I know, you can’t get a qbp account without a brick and mortar storefront, detailed pictures of your work area and tools/etc, an ein, a business license, insurance, and other industry references, such as bike lines that you stock.
Salsa...Surly...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I prefer BTI for lots of components, but not so much for drivetrain parts. J&B is pretty great for Maxxis rubber. QBP is a gigantic catch-all, and has the best website for ease of use. These days it would probably be a good idea to have multiple accounts so you can get what you need in the small windows where it might be available before selling out.
BTI is still great, but unfortunately lost Sram & Shimano many years ago.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Junk and Bargains (J&b) for sure. Unless your doing a lot of high end stuff they have a great selection.
As mentioned above, you need a store front along with a slew of other stuff to get the privilege of ordering from QBP.
On a side note, I miss riteway. Especially since they were 15 minutes down the road.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
At the same time I know that's their policy and I know people who would never qualify but have QBP accounts.