Quantcast

Who's addicted to Chainlove?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I've known about chainlove for a while, but it hasn't become a full blown addiction until I got the firefox addon the other day. I haven't bought anything yet, but I'm tempted every 30 mins when it updates. I feel like it should buy it even if I don't need it just because its such a good deal!:busted:

What have you guys bought off of the devil's website?

rekoner

Chimp
Jun 15, 2009
SE Virginia
Bought some Dakine shorts from them and got them pretty cheap, and fast. Matter of fact, I paid about half of what they cost on other sites.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
I bought a really nice fox jacket off of there a few days ago. Super cheap, got here super fast. I check it pretty regularly, I check it on my phone when I'm not on my computer.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Been good to me.

A couple pairs of Five Tens
Some oakley shorts
a couple jerseys
Endura riding gloves
Some armor for the mrs.
oakley O frames

All good stuff.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Between Chainlove, SAC, and Whiskey, I bet I've spent $3-4k. That doesn't count the wifes stuff. When you get 3 packages a week, or when we both get a box on the same day, you know it's time for a break.
Whiskey is great for shoes and casual clothes.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Yep, only thing I've bought is my bike but there's been lots of stuff I've had to hold myself back from... mainly helmets and goggles.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Helmet, gloves, goggles, clothes, pedals, you name it, I have pretty much bought it.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Every time I look it's womens wear or small frames I wouldn't buy anyway. Of course I don't run the plug-in anymore, so I'm not as temped, either. :rofl:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Stuff tends to go in waves. There will be 3-4 weeks when it's nothin but bad shorts and ugly glasses. Maybe some cheap road shoes and ill-fitting fox gloves.
Then there will be $10 nice gloves, $100 HID NR lights, and boutique frames on close-out in every size and color.

I've gotten a few lemons, bt I'm definitly in the black overall.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
did this come with a matching flatbill hat?

if you got it for cheap...cool.
I needed a new helmet bad, this one is really nice features-wise and very comfy, with a removeable liner to wash. The selling point is it came in XXL to fit my giant melon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i know this pain......hat size....7 3/4
I have the very same problem. I can't buy a lid online unless I've put one on. My Vigor Vamoose is a 2xl and is one of the few full face lids that fits. Forget trying to squeeze into a skate lid.

I hear they make a big head skate lid now, need to check it out.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Two great pairs of Oakley shorts for SUPER cheap! I should have know they would never fit though... finally sold them to a friend both for $20 after two years of wishful thinking.

I used to be on that site all day every day. But I finally broker the habit when I took this job a couple of years ago. Maybe I'll go check it out now!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yep I get my white leather DCs there and recently bought some Anarchy Prosecution sunnys for $25.

They will also hold your order for a week, so you can add more items to save on shipping.
I'm usually not patient enough to save shipping :( That...and I tell myself I'm not going to get anything else that soon, then something else ends up coming up that I want....the vicious cycle....

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I have bought 4 pair of gloves off Chainlove, and none of them fit. Just got a pair of TLD's in the mail today. Fit ok, but the fingers are too long.

They have some strange shipping practices. $7.50 seems a bit steep for mailing a pair of gloves. It came in a giant plastic bag that would have fit a winter jacket.